What do the sleep experts say about the cause of early morning waking? This refers to waking up while still very tired.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They mention lots of things that they say can prevent us from dropping off to sleep at night, but I cannot say I have come by any info on the reasons for the silly O'clock waking in the morning.

Baldy

Über Member
If you're anything like me it's because your bladder is full.

Slick

Guru
It depends on the individual but I have always been an early riser, but useless at night. I could easily go to my bed before the 10 o'clock news is finished but I quite often end up wandering the house like a ghost at 4 in the morning watching hard talk. :banghead:

My mate is even worse, and its nothing more than a bad habit. Stay up later and don't get up just because you have opened your eyes. I actually sleep better when I'm away from home, simply because I have nowhere to go at 4am so lie on and go back to sleep eventually.

Speak to your GP.

funny-guinea-pig-wearing-glasses.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Have you got cats? because if you have you will not know what a good nights sleep is.

This is so very true

Kingfisher101

Über Member
During the night I'd say I get up anything from 5-10x and the cats are just at me all night. Both are Toms that are knocking on now in years. I get meowed at, howled at, prodded, jumped on etc. One sleeps on my bed and the other is in and out etc, scratching the carpet etc. If you shut the bedroom door they will just keep jumping up at the handle and banging it all night.
I used to take a glass of water to bed but they used to drink it straight away, so I use a cycling bottle now.

Top Bottom