What do you clean your Hands with?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Saturday morning g useless fact:

Little villains think petrol is good for removing gunshot residue drop. their hands.

It is, but it's not that good, and it'll usually still be detected, but the villains. also then gets a pervert charge as well.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Saturday morning g useless fact:

Little villains think petrol is good for removing gunshot residue drop. their hands.

It is, but it's not that good, and it'll usually still be detected, but the villains. also then gets a pervert charge as well.

I like your cryptic poem. :rolleyes:

Not quite sure what it's all about.

But, maybe the meaning will become clear with further study.

A bike ride first, methinks, to stimulate the brainium circulation. :bicycle:

Me too,Don’t use it very often asi usually wear plastic gloves Wiuss.
Like others above, swarfega too, though am amazed that it took them so long to move from the traditional pong variety. Now orange. I never wear gloves, inhibit my sensual contact with the bike and they always tear. I coat my hands with cheap acqeous cream before starting work to create a barrier.

I keep my coffee grounds and use them together with any washing up liquid after working on the bikes.

Gets all oil and dirt off and nicely exfoliates my hands, keeping them silky smooth.

Very middle class, me.
You hipster you. I reckon you really wipe them on your beard for that authentic backwoodsman look/aura.

Time to switch back to the traditional swarfega perhaps.

I can also recommend some slightly pongy grease.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fairy liquid.

Although, when cleaning the chain (or chains) in a pot of Screw Fix degreaser, remember to moisturise afterwards = flaky hands next day.

iandg

Legendary Member
I love the feel of those little rough bits that you get in orange Swarfega. gets all the grease and crud off your mitts super fast.

On the other hand Lovely Wife likes the smell of greasy mechanics. Having never been a greasy mechanic in my life I'm not too inclined to delve any further into why. ^_^

That's an awkward one. My wife doesn't but if my sister in law visits whilst I'm fettling it's obvious that she does like the smells of lubricants and solvents :whistle:

Tenkaykev

Guru
[QUOTE 5553514, member: 9609"]sometimes when I have been on farm work and I have stopped for my piece (dinner) when finnished I notice the fingers I have been eating with are nice and clean

joking aside, there have been times in the past when my hands are so bad with oils, greases and paints that I have given them a quick rinse with petrol or white spirit, it's a good cleaner. But I now learn apart from the obvious fire risk it is far from a wise idea, so don't now[/QUOTE]
Petrol is excellent at getting oils and greases off your hands, I used to use it occasionally on the more stubborn stains.
The downside is that it can damage your immune system in some cases so best avoided.

Helms had the right idea, many years ago
(MTB-ers can use Sheep)

Helms. Dogs. 2.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Toluene and finish off with carbon tet.

My chemistry teacher at school, only a PhD's worth older than us recounted that in uni they'd regularly cleaned chemicals off their hands by washing in benzine. Only a few years later we 6 formers were banned from using benzine at all

edit: just remembered, we were allowed benzine for the nitrating aromatic rings experiment. There was a small chance of making a proportion of TNT if we'd used toluene, our usual slighly less bad benzine substitute.

Last edited:
Top Bottom