What do you do with your trouser legs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pauluk

snorri said:
...... but, are they bicycle clips, cycle clips or trouser clips, I think we may need a poll.

I thought they were sh*t catchers for really fast close passes :laugh:

I bought some of the Aldi/Lidl velcro with built in flashy lights when they had them in last year and realised from this thread I haven't actually used them in anger.
Shorts (usually 3/4 humvees) or ronhill bikesters

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Reflective velcro straps with flashing lights. The lights don't last long, but doesn't matter for the pourpose. Mine are actually pet collars from the pound shop. :rolleyes:
Clips don't work for me, maybe because of the material of my work trousers.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have a set of hi viz clips but I don't use them as they hurt my legs, too tight I think.
I also have a pair of those reflective 'slap on' strips that are sometimes given away for kids to slap around their arms. They are on the frame of my bike in case they are needed. Not used them at all.

I haven't had a trouser leg problem but then again I cycle in jeans and steel toe boots so that might make a difference.

rusky

CC Addict
I've ruined a pair of work trousers that came untucked from my socks.

my commute isn't worth wearing anything other than work clothes.

MGBLemonrider

Normally lycra, but I use either High Viz/Floro velcro ankle straps or those snap wrap things always as I don't have pedal reflectors!! So on the rare occasion I'm in jeans - testing gear index adjustment etc and one trip to the dentist I use those.

D

Deleted member 1258

My commute is done in my work clothes, my trousers are tucked into my socks, been doing that for over 30 years. Longer Sunday rides are done in cycle kit.

Davidc

Guru
Trouser clips.

40 year old spring steel ones. I have 2 pairs, dark grey. In my socks as well if long enough.

I bought some modern ones with reflective stuff on them a while back. Rubbishy quality steel, lasted about 10 rides, so I went back to the old ones which are still as good as new.

tyred

Legendary Member
Usually trouser clips. Reflective at night, black at any other time.

I find the Halfords ones to be pretty decent. Whatever you do, don't buy the ones from Tescos. They're absolute rubbish and bend and don't spring back into shape. I lost mine when it fell off in action, after about three rides.

Trousers into socks for me when not wearing shorts, tried clips but never got on with them, they always moved about too much.

Top Bottom