What do you get at the Indian?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

jonathan ellis said:
Either

Chicken Jalfrezi, Garlic Chicken or Madras

with Mushroom rice, Garlic Nan and a motor (cheesy peas aka Matapaneer)

excuse the spelling

I've always passed on the mattar paneer since I saw it described on a menu as made from the "Chef's very own cheese".

killiekosmos

Veteran
Ahhh. Curry - Glasgow's staple diet at weekends.

Vegetable pakora, then South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken with fried rice and a Nan. A few pints of Kingfisher and a night ooozing chilli smells from every pour and orifice. Magic.

gary r

Guru
My Brother was beaten up & pushed through the window of the local indian restaurant last week by some thugs.............................................................................................................................he's been in a Korma for a week

Chris James

Über Member
I like lamb curries. Achar gosht is nice and spicy, sag gosht very tasty but not hot. I really like methi too, but unfortunately I find it lives up to its name the next day. Oh yeah and dhansaks are nice too.

Kirstie said:
The only time a curry hasn't had the usual unpleasant (for everyone else ;)) consequences was when I ate it in India. Not a single problem and about 50 million times more gorgeous than curry made in this country.

Anything to do with being much more hungry? ;) And of course, things always taste much better in their native setting on holiday.

I wasn't on holiday, I was working...and apart from the food and the actual conference I attended had an utterly crap time. In fact I absolutely hated the place and I would have to be paid a lot of money to go anywhere near it again. I was also extremely careful what I ate....

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I start with a sheek kebab, then normally a chicken shaslick with mixed veg curry(dry) and sag aloo. . Sometimes I have a lamb rogan instead. Also a couple of cobras to wash it down

walker

Kirstie said:
The only time a curry hasn't had the usual unpleasant (for everyone else ;)) consequences was when I ate it in India. Not a single problem and about 50 million times more gorgeous than curry made in this country.

did you get the runs?

the reason why Curry was invented was to cover up the taste of rotting food that it was made from. Delicious eh? ;)

bobbyp

I'm in Mumbai with work at the moment and have been ordering pretty much one of everything for each meal :-)

Had a biryani last night that was actually nice, something I've never experienced in a UK curry house.

No ill effects so far, though I'm about to go out for lunch so perhaps I'm tempting fate ;)

Top Bottom