What do you intend on doing on the 4th July.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've seen some interesting pics from the Louvre - peeps are loving being able to see Mona without 200 other tourists blocking their view. #silverlining
National gallery was like that on its last day of opening (a day after most places so most folks thought it shut) - it was great - no hordes of nits taking pics of paintings with phones and complaining if you get in their way.

I do think Wetherspoons will be quick to apply, very quick. I don't use it myself as they don't allow dogs in. I am trying to get a "my owner is deaf coat" for her!!
I really would like my normal coffee shop and pub to apply. If the pub does I will buy meals that are suitable for the freezer. I will take in Tupperware type boxes and order 3 meals pack up two for the freezer. If that doesn't help them nothing will. Maybe 4 meals.
bizarre - why not just buy freezer meals?
or cook.

The ones that are under the radar as opposed to Wetherspoons who are constantly attacked by the BBC and the middle class who would never lower themselves to go it to such a working class world.
There is a certain truth in that.
Chuck wetherspoons into google news and many of the stories say more about the writer and their perception of their audience than spoons. And yes the bbc's webnews isn"t immune from this. Poor journalism.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My first visit to the pub in a while. Just phoned up the camp site pub to book a table for four at four pm. Sat outside only in Wales. Order from your table, and contactless payment.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My first visit to the pub this evening in what, probably 9 months! (I tend not to go in the winter, but I'd have probably been a good few times by say, March or April if it wasn't for Covid).

Outdoor seating only, which they have expanded to take up the whole car park. (Good move I think, you either walk, cycle or taxi here).
You're invited to text your number to the landlord's phone to help tracing. There is a one way system of ordering where you use two windows, a bit like a McDonald's drive through, and contactless payment only.

It's not rammed by any means, all nice and spaced out, they've done well and I feel safe enough. (I can't see this being the picture in the Wetherspoons around the corner).

20200719_180551.jpg

20200719_180217.jpg

20200719_171732.jpg

Gratuitous link to cycling at the last pic. 😄
(It is my pub bike's first run out in many months to be fair).

dodgy

What's happening on July 4th?
If you read this thread or have any international awareness, you will know it's US independence day. I know you know this.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
If you read this thread or have any international awareness, you will know it's US independence day. I know you know this.
If you read this thread or have any awareness, you will know this thread is referring to the lifting of Covid restrictions on July 4th last year. :tongue:
I know you don't realise this.
As it's been resurrected, I was wondering what was happening today.

Top Bottom