What do you intend on doing on the 4th July.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
can't help but wonder what you drink in pubs?
Craft pale ale usually, or soft drink (usually lime & soda).
I’ll very occasionally have a JD & coke at the end of an evening (probably been a couple of years though). Maybe a glass or two of fizz if it’s an occasion or others are having aperitifs before a meal

I’m not much of a drinker, I had two beers at a bbq nearly a month ago, nothing since 👍

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

Did you go to every pub in SW London and speak to every landlord to come to this conclusion?
I’ll agree that Peroni is horrid, but so is cask bitter :whistle:
I was obviously talking about the pubs I went into.
There is no reason I would speak to the landlord as it is normal for pubs to have the beers visible on the bar but it appears not in SW london. Where do they hide them in your wine bar?
"I’ll agree that Peroni is horrid, but so is cask bitter"
As the saying goes "afraid you might taste something larger boy"

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

I'd go for the Peroni (if hot) over Doombar.
Doombar is the new stella I think - you do realise that it's not brewed on a rock in Cornwall I hope?
Spoons used to sell it for a premium, then gave up - customers (or at least the real ale customers) too discerning.
Doombar is definitely not the new stella. I rarely see it here. It was a good option relative to lagers. It isn't as good as used to be before they were taken over. I only drink peroni on rugby tour in Italy. You drink anything on rugby tour specially if that's the only beer available.

AndyRM

XOXO
Anyone have a beverage at this beauty in Motherwell?

vickster

Legendary Member
I was obviously talking about the pubs I went into.
There is no reason I would speak to the landlord as it is normal for pubs to have the beers visible on the bar but it appears not in SW london. Where do they hide them in your wine bar?
"I’ll agree that Peroni is horrid, but so is cask bitter"
As the saying goes "afraid you might taste something larger boy"
The ‘Young’s’ pubs are all shut. The landlord was talking to people out front of one of their shut pubs.
I’m not a boy so I have no idea what your last point means :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Anyone have a beverage at this beauty in Motherwell?

View attachment 534630
I can't be bothered with modern posing parlours like that. Give me a good old fashioned spit and sawdust working man's pub any time. I'm looking forward to the pubs of Greenock and Port Glasgow opening next week. Stab vest and other PPE are sorted :laugh:.

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

In the last recession the French reduced vat to 5% supposedly led 500,000 new jobs.
It appears the chancellor listened to me, about time.
"Sunak also said he would cut VAT from 20% to 5% for the hospitality and tourism sectors from 15 July until 12 January 2021, as part of the Government's drive to restart the economy during the coronavirus pandemic."

Although it should be permanent.

Also

"The Government will launch an 'Eat out to help out' discount scheme in August, giving people across the UK a 50% discount - capped at £10 per person - on meals at many restaurants, cafes and pubs.
In his economic statement to Parliament on Wednesday, the Chancellor Rishi Sunak said the scheme would run Monday to Wednesday each week at participating businesses."
I will be having some of that. Lot of cycling and buses 3 times a week

". It'll run throughout August."
Is that it?

"You'll be able to use the discount as many times as you want. There's no limit."
I see myself visiting a lot of pub/restaurants.

"Doesn't include takeaways" wrong I have Tupperware

MarkF

Guru
There are 2 Italians within walking distance of me, one is "normal" no arrows, no temp testing, no form filling, relying on sensible customer behaviour and it was busy at the weekend, we are going Saturday night. The other has everything not at the first one, but plus screens separating every table, it thanks it's screen supplier on FB showing it's beautiful new perpsex partitions as if a customer should be thrilled. It is dead.

I fully understand why some people do not feel comfortable going out for meal, those folk wouldn't screen or no screen. But this industry needs to focus right now on the spenders who just want to live again, if they want to survive. £20 off each meal in August then, nice, MrsF and I will be eating out very week then, however you could offer us a free £250 meal, but if it entailed filling in a form, being temp tested, queuing for the toilets and sitting behind screens then we wouldn't be interested.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Who the crivens goes out for a meal Monday to Wednesday for leisure? I might sometimes eat out on those evenings but only if I'm travelling for work. And then, an American corporate giant is paying anyway, I don't need the discount.

I'm generally not one to look a gift horse in the mouth but is the Chancellor expecting me to take the family out on a Tuesday for a random Italian meal when we're skint after 3 months of reduced hours and probably out of work come September? :wacko:

vickster

Legendary Member
I do...much better than Friday or Saturday when busy (and can’t use taste card :unsure:)

plenty of retired folk lunch out. My parents did on Tuesday!

Top Bottom