What do you mean, "quick release wheel"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello, cycling community! My name is Lucy and I can't remember the last time I got on a bike. In my home town, which is full of hills, I've always got around by walking or taking the bus: but I'm about to start a degree in York and I decided that it was high time I got that bike I've always wanted. I know approximately nothing about cycling, though, so here I am hoping to find a bit of useful advice from people who actually know what they're talking about.

That's all, thanks for reading, and have a nice day! If you're a regular I'm sure you'll be seeing me putting foot well in mouth about the site : )

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
click HERE and all will be revealed :thumbsup:

Hip Priest

Veteran
Welcome Lucy. Ask away. Everyone is willing to help a newbie, and there's no such thing as a silly question!

OP
OP
Firoz Taverbi

Firoz Taverbi

Regular
@ianrauk
I discovered what they were the hard way while assembling my bike this evening... that would have been extremely useful three hours ago!

@Hip Priest
No, but there are a lot of silly answers... Thanks for the encouragement, though!

@Typhon
Hello, thank you very much! You all seem so nice... I look forward to spending time here : )

phillc

Veteran
Hi Lucy and welcome to CC.

Safe and Happy cycling.
phill

OP
OP
Firoz Taverbi

Firoz Taverbi

Regular
I want to say thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! I'm really touched by how nice you all are!

:welcome: Lucy. I think you will find York made for cycling!
It was one of the big reasons I had for convincing my parents to let me have a bike - I've always enjoyed cycling, but Orpington has far too many hills to make cycling easy or comfortable...

Welcome to CC !
We will soon have you enjoying fettling your bike and enjoying it .
I already am!

Top Bottom