What do you mean, "quick release wheel"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Octet

Veteran
Welcome to the forum Lucy,

As you begin to use your bike more, you shall begin to thank the inventor of the quick release, especially when repairing punctures!

Reece

Veteran
Welcome Lucy

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Welcome to the forum Lucy,

As you begin to use your bike more, you shall begin to thank the inventor of the quick release, especially when repairing p*******s!

Shhh Octet........if you say it, they will come....didn't you know that??:ohmy:

btw Lucy.....:welcome:.....never say the p word out loud and never mention the p fairy by name, or you'll get a visit off her!

gavintc

Guru
Like most activities, the basics are simple; get on bike and ride. The problem comes when you want to do anything more and you have to learn a new language. Remember, we are all beginners once and most of us are still learning.

OP
OP
Firoz Taverbi

Firoz Taverbi

Regular
Shhh Octet........if you say it, they will come....didn't you know that??:ohmy:

btw Lucy.....:welcome:.....never say the p word out loud and never mention the p fairy by name, or you'll get a visit off her!

PUNCTURE!!

There..I said it... do your worst PUNCTURE fairy!!!
I hadn't even thought about punctures! Now I'm sure that I'll get one within the week...

Like most activities, the basics are simple; get on bike and ride. The problem comes when you want to do anything more and you have to learn a new language. Remember, we are all beginners once and most of us are still learning.
Thank you very much for your kind words :smile: I can just about manage the "on bike and ride" part, but I'm still having trouble taking my hand off the handlebar long enough to signal for a turn! Luckily there are a lot of really quiet roads where I live, so I've been practicing there. As for the more complicated bits, I'm just going to try to take things as they come and see where I end up.

Herbie

Veteran
@ianrauk
I discovered what they were the hard way while assembling my bike this evening... that would have been extremely useful three hours ago!

@Hip Priest
No, but there are a lot of silly answers... Thanks for the encouragement, though!

@Typhon
Hello, thank you very much! You all seem so nice... I look forward to spending time here : )

Welcome...this is a cool forum...lots of great advice and can be funny and entertaining :smile:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Hi Lucy and :welcome:

York is a very good place to be if you are a cyclist with really nice (and flat) countryside all around - well at least there will be when it dries out again :smile:

If you are looking for a group to ride with then you may want to have a chat with Arch as she's a member of a group that do a Wednesday night ride to a pub

OP
OP
Firoz Taverbi

Firoz Taverbi

Regular
@mcshroom
Yes, I've heard about the flooding up north... I picked a right old time to move up there! Some of my friends from the area have been stuck at home since it's been so bad!
Thanks a lot, I'll send her a (not creepy at all) sounding message. I'm not sure how serious I am about cycling as a hobby yet (rather than just a quicker mode of transport) but I already seem to be enjoying it! I just hope I'll be able to keep up with everybody.

ELPTX51

@mcshroom
Yes, I've heard about the flooding up north... I picked a right old time to move up there! Some of my friends from the area have been stuck at home since it's been so bad!
Thanks a lot, I'll send her a (not creepy at all) sounding message. I'm not sure how serious I am about cycling as a hobby yet (rather than just a quicker mode of transport) but I already seem to be enjoying it! I just hope I'll be able to keep up with everybody.

Welcome Lucy! It likely wont take long for the "bug" to bite and you'll be asking about what to take on your first Century ride.

Top Bottom