What do you mean, "quick release wheel"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craven2354

The "bug"' is when you get addicted like most of us are :smile: and a century is 100km about 62 miles or 100miles (I think) don't be worrying about those yet though :smile: enjoy your riding

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thank you! I'd see if I could meet somebody to go cycling with them, but I know I'd never be able to keep up. I went out cycling for the first time this afternoon and was exhausted in half an hour. :sad:

Don't worry it gets easier. You'll soon be doing 50 miles no prob.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I'm not so sure about that! I'd just like to be able to get from A to B, really!
Believe me, it'll happen sooner than you think...my 8yr old did 40 in the summer hols and is looking forward, nay champing at the bit, to doing 50. (Next weekend he hopes!)

OP
OP
Firoz Taverbi

Firoz Taverbi

Regular
Believe me, it'll happen sooner than you think...my 8yr old did 40 in the summer hols and is looking forward, nay champing at the bit, to doing 50. (Next weekend he hopes!)
!! You all seem to have very high hopes for me! If I can find some nice cycle paths in the area, I might think about doing distance cycling... once I can travel for longer than half an hour at a time, of course.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
!! You all seem to have very high hopes for me! If I can find some nice cycle paths in the area, I might think about doing distance cycling... once I can travel for longer than half an hour at a time, of course.
he he: in 6 months max you WILL ride at least 30 miles regularly :thumbsup:

Cubist

Still wavin'
The route out to Selby would be a good place to start. Shared use but traffic free.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@Firoz Taverbi

Check out the Bromley Cyclists website.
They are a really good group that organises social rides in the Bromley/Orpington area to suit all abilities.
The wekley Wednesday Wander is especially a goody. Not too far, not too fast and ending up at a nice pub for a drink.

Bromley Cyclists

OP
OP
Firoz Taverbi

Firoz Taverbi

Regular
@Firoz Taverbi

Check out the Bromley Cyclists website.
They are a really good group that organises social rides in the Bromley/Orpington area to suit all abilities.
The wekley Wednesday Wander is especially a goody. Not too far, not too fast and ending up at a nice pub for a drink.

Bromley Cyclists

Thank you, but I'm just about to move out of the area (tomorrow, actually). I'll definitely make a note of them, though, for when I come home during the holidays.

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
PUNCTURE!!

There..I said it... do your worst PUNCTURE fairy!!!

B*stard. I got two of em today. Two!!!! And I used all my CO2 on the first one. T'was a long walk home in the rain.

Auto inflator me arse.

Oh Firoz, Welcome BTW.

OP
OP
Firoz Taverbi

Firoz Taverbi

Regular
B*stard. I got two of em today. Two!!!! And I used all my CO2 on the first one. T'was a long walk home in the rain.

Auto inflator me arse.

Oh Firoz, Welcome BTW.
I am dreading my first puncture! Sure to get one ever so quickly, since I have no idea how to fix them... thanks for the welcome!

Hi lucy. Welcome to Cyclechat and welcome to York!
Thank you! I just moved into my room a few hours ago, actually. Tomorrow I'm planning on exploring the campus and the town.

Top Bottom