What do you NOT miss about touring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dragon72

Guru
particularly when camping, having to go through the rigmarole, half asleep, of folding and packing everything away first thing in the morning before setting off

friedel

We're not done yet but I can tell you already that I will not miss waiting in the tent for the rain to subside and then realising it's not going to go away and we have no food or water to hold us through the afternoon so I am going to have to cycle in a downpour.

Bodhbh

Guru
The unpacking and repacking, buckling up and rebuckling and rummaging around. Never seem to head off less than an hour after waking up, no idea what I'm doing to take so long, but seems to be the case. Getting better as things starting to have regular place, but it's a recipe for loosing stuff also.

jay clock

Massive member
Washing clothes each evening. I hate wearing grubby ones each day, and I hate carrying extra stuff so that means washing cycle kit each night. Then trying to dry it. One hotel in Spain had a fan heater so we rigged that up in the bathroom overnight. It not only dried the clothes but every metal item in the room was 8 million degrees when we went in!

Having said that, I did enjoy genius drying techniques in NZ - such as stretching a washing line between my bike and a lamppost.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
just jim said:
Camp-site mega snoring - the best advert for wild camping there is.

I once endured a couple of hours of mega snoring just at the crack of dawn. When I angrily emerged from my tent to complain, I discovered that there was no one pitched near me and that the racket was being caused by a woodpecker.

jay clock

Massive member
In a Spanish hotel, my very first night of touring, we were woken at 1230am by a group of girls from a sports team in the room next door. They talked and gassed louder and louder, so rather than go and ask them to shut up, I lay and festered for over an hour rehearsing the Spanish swear words for 'shut the f**k up you noisy bastards' and then waddled round and banged on their doors dressed only in my pants - a sight to shut most people up!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

.. i think it's funny how on a camp site people seem to think that as soon as they are inside the tent nobody can hear them.

...Once there was this huge fart that vibrated the floor at 50 m I swear...then some bright spark yelled out...eh denke auf deine nachburn...which is (I think) Germ for Oi..think about your neighbours...dunno why but that comment just had the entire site pissing themselves laughing for about 10 minutes!

Then there was the 'amourous' couple one night who had cleary had to much booze and lost their sense of 'volume'.

Thes ehtings are funny and dont bother me...what does piss me off is loud music, especially dance shite...not even ear plugs can stop that garbage. Thankfully it is rare.

Top Bottom