What do you think of Irn Bru???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Personally not my choice of tasty beverage on a day to day basis. More of a coke man myself (oooo er:laugh:) but I'll tell you. Ice cold out the fridge when you have a hangover. Nothing beats it.

Do any non Scots drink it???

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
it's shite

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I prefer it to Coca-Cola and Pepsi, although I very, very rarely drink fizzy juice these days.

My choice would be Irn Bru every time, though. (Then again, I am a Scot).

U

User169

I used to see Julie Barr (I think she's still part of management at Barr) at lectures when I was at University. She appeared perpetually to be welded to a lacrosse stick.

bauldbairn

Not for me either now, I'm afraid. Although I do like it every now and again(as a hangover cure). :smile:

Do any of the Scot's on here remember when it(the old IRN BRU) burned your throat like "Ginger Beer" before they Anglofied the taste.
I think Barr deny any mods to the taste - but I spent my summers in England in the 70's when they were trying to introduce it there. The stuff made in Manchester(I think) tasted different to the "Original" stuff made in Falkirk/Glasgow? ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
I like that Chieftains/Elvis Costello song 'St. Stevens Day Murders' which strongly features Irn Bru!

OP
OP
G

Greedo

ianrauk said:
Never tried it..and don't think I would want to.

And why would you not want to??? It's only a drink. You might like it!!

Not like sticking hot needles up yer japs eye ;)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
ianrauk said:
Never tried it..and don't think I would want to.

You can get the same effect of years of Iron Bru drinking by injecting what's been liposuctioned out of others into your stomach and then smashing your teeth in with a hammer.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
One of my best friends is Glaswegian and we spent many an hour drinking it with vodka. A long time ago of course.... ahem.

Greedo said:

Not like sticking hot needles up yer japs eye ;)

I've actually had that done to me. Just before introduction of said needle, the chap said "I don't normally work here you know, I'm just a locum".....

True story.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Because I don't drink any fizzy pop drinks....not helped by it looking disgusting

Greedo said:

Not like sticking hot needles up yer japs eye :biggrin:

Top Bottom