What do you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
The people you've shown it to are obviously blind then.

Just as the lights turn to Amber 2 people start crossing from the right hand side. Whilst they *may* be clear of the crossing by the time the lights go green (you move forward prematurely so we can't really see past the 4x4) he is quite correctly cautious due to the child approaching the crossing and then swinging around the pole.

You were too impatient and should just admit that he did nothing wrong at that point (other than, as you say, taking up two lanes unecessarily).

After that his driving is a bit woeful, but as Mr P says, this does not excuse your impatience/blaming of him for the part at the lights. He was entirely correct at the lights in terms of his timing/waiting for peds.

And you were saying something about sad, miserable lives... please carry on if it amuses you.

nethalus

magnatom said:
I hate to say it nethalus, there was a chap on the crossing at the times User has described. Green t-shirt. He walks in front of the 4x4. You can't see him in the video because he is in front of the 4x4.

It also did look like the kid would walk onto the road. You were wrong in this instance, it would be best to admit it and move on.

Not you too, there is no one on the bloody crossing. I was there I saw it was safe to go, the guy in the car wasn't paying attention. I think you people are just saying this as some sort of bloody wind up or something. You see a man on the crossing because you want to see it, because you want to make it out that I am some sort of nasty impaitient bus driver. That's why you and that other idiot keep insisting that there was someone on the crossing when there clearly isn't.

You say you can't see someone because he is in front of the 4X4, well that is just being plain stupid. If you can't see him then why are you saying he is there? This version is a condensed version, on the clearer original you can see he was cleared the crossing before I released the handbrake. If you watch he's not hanging about, he crosses quickly and is well out of the way by the time I release the handbrake.
But I know, you and Mr Paul will insist on seeing something that's not there and never happened because you have nothing better to do. Well I have got better things to do so this will be my last posting on this. If you can't accept that you are wrong, then so be it. I'm no longer interested.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

The lights are changing and look who is just about to disappear in front of the 4x4.......

(Big clue: I've drawn a big red arrow to help....)

magnatom said:
The lights are changing and look who is just about to disappear in front of the 4x4.......

(Big clue: I've drawn a big red arrow to help....)

He is not really there, he is a errant spirit of a bastard cyclist sent to the earth to terrorize innocent bus drivers.:smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

And here is the young lad that looks like he might walk out. The lights were green here.

Your not looking at a different video are you nethalus?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm normally the first to defend bus drivers on here, nethalus, but in this case they are right about people being on the crossing. I also made the mistake about you beeping, sorry. OTOH, I don't think you did anything seriously wrong with the bit of anticipation and rolling forwards, you had plenty of space after all, and easily slowed again when the other vehicle didn't move off.

We all make mistakes after all, and I think people on here are not trying to say you are evil, just that you've made a mistake on this video.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

As bentmike says. Rolling forward when you did was no terrible crime, but on your video you were complaining about the car in front not moving forward when the lights were green. It would appear that he had good reason, so you were wrong to get impatient. Not a great crime, but a mistake.

That is the problem with posting video online, the evidence is there for all to see and if you do ANYTHING wrong in the video people will pick it up. I should know!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

BentMikey said:
It can be painful sometimes, but it's very useful to learn from your own mistakes. Some of my dodgy overtakes, for example.

It is very useful. I know for a fact that my cycling has improved significantly since I started posting my videos. One of the main reasons for that has been from comments that I have received on my videos and also from self analysis of my own videos.

If you don't have an open mind, posting videos of your cycling driving etc could be a very unpleasant experience!

Urban-commuter

Oh dear, first thing, I can't believe anyone would even make a video like that; it's just a pretty bitter outlook to be constantly surveying the world for the smallest imperfections and pedantic nit-picking of other drivers.

And the sarky text edits, lifted straight from the high blood-pressure Daily mail pages make for a cringeworthy film - watch out Cannes!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Urban-commuter said:
Oh dear, first thing, I can't believe anyone would even make a video like that; it's just a pretty bitter outlook to be constantly surveying the world for the smallest imperfections and pedantic nit-picking of other drivers.

And the sarky text edits, lifted straight from the high blood-pressure Daily mail pages make for a cringeworthy film - watch out Cannes!

Are my videos ok?:smile:

Top Bottom