What do you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Wolf04 said:
I guess this thread just shows the questionable nature of filming traffic incidents and posting them on youtube. You may think you have a clear and valid point but others will see it differently.

It's great, isn't it? Such a good way to learn from your and other people's mistakes.

Cab

BentMikey said:
It's great, isn't it? Such a good way to learn from your and other people's mistakes.

Indeed, but its sometimes used to try to reinforce the posters own viewpoint rather than as a tool to analyze what happened and to learn from for the future. Which is a shame.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmmmm new name for this Commuting Forum -

"Commuting - Ranting and Raging"

or how about..................................

"Commuting - Soap Box"

Ideas ?

Cab

Origamist said:
The cyclist is entitled to filter, but not cross the stop line (which he did).

Did he really? Because from what I can see, he's level with the car, is he really over the white line?

Origamist

Legendary Member
Cab said:
Did he really? Because from what I can see, he's level with the car, is he really over the white line?

Yes, as the car has also gone over the unbroken white line. The broken white line signifies the ped crossing.

Cab

Origamist said:
Yes, as the car has also gone over the unbroken white line. The broken white line signifies the ped crossing.

Forgive me for asking... But at what point in the video do you get to see the unbroken white line?

Origamist

Legendary Member
Cab said:
Forgive me for asking... But at what point in the video do you get to see the unbroken white line?

You don't - the "Bloody Cyclist" vid is a continuation of another video. I think the other video is called "Idiot Driver..." (or something equally as descriptive). Watch the 4x4 edge forward at the end of this film.

My feeling is that the cyclist is slightly ahead of the unbroken white line, but it's difficult to be 100% certain. Perhaps Nethalus can confirm.

Cab

At the end of the car video, the car has its nose over the line, no more. The cyclist comes and sits with his front wheel behind the furthest forward part of the car. So... If he's too far forward then, at worst, he's got his front wheel over the line. In no circumstances is that a big deal.

hackbike 6

nethalus said:
I mean for F**k's sake Magnatom this guy pushes in a queue like he owns the bloody road, on a difficult junction to get round, as it has no filter light for right turners. I bet he wouldn't like it if I did that to him.
I wouldn't dream of pushing to the front of a queue. My parents taught me manners you see. Unlike some of the neaderthals that seem to frequent this forum, who think the behavior of this chap is acceptable.

I never knew that bus drivers had a problem with me going to the front of the queue.Im more vulnerable than a bus so I dont do it due to "bad manners" but mainly for the safety aspect.If your bus gets hit I doubt you will feel it.If I get hit then I wouldn't want to think what would happen.Im not covered in a metal cage.I have always filtered to the front when it is safe to do so and I always will.

I would like to think that at the least motorists understand why I position myself at advanced positions at traffic lights down the mile end road mainly to prevent left hooks and dodgy overtakes by buses and cars alike.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Cab said:
At the end of the car video, the car has its nose over the line, no more. The cyclist comes and sits with his front wheel behind the furthest forward part of the car. So... If he's too far forward then, at worst, he's got his front wheel over the line.

This is my estimation too.

Cab said:
In no circumstances is that a big deal.

It's not to me either (although it is an RLJ). However, it's worth considering factors that aggravate other road users.

I do not always filter to the front of traffic and plonk myself ahead of the first car. For example, if the road ahead is clear, or if there is a Max Powered Clio at the front, I am happy to wait a car or two back.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I have just noticed that he "held up" the bus so much that a pedestrian had time to cross the road between the bike and the bus ! ;)

Top Bottom