What do you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

nethalus said:
I mean for F**k's sake Magnatom this guy pushes in a queue like he owns the bloody road, on a difficult junction to get round, as it has no filter light for right turners. I bet he wouldn't like it if I did that to him.
I wouldn't dream of pushing to the front of a queue. My parents taught me manners you see. Unlike some of the neaderthals that seem to frequent this forum, who think the behaviour of this chap is acceptable.

No. He filtered quite legally. It is one of the advantages of being on a bike (or motorcycle). If he went in front of the stop line, then he shouldn't have done that. However, you are in a large protective cage, he doesn't have that. Therefore, he need to make himself as visible as possible. Some cyclists feel that the best way to do this is to make your way to the front of the queue. In his eyes it will have been self preservation, not to annoy you.

Personally I hang back a car or two because I know some drivers get irritated, but that doesn't mean that going to the front is wrong.

nethalus

spindrift said:
nethalus, you appear unbalanced to me. Filtering is entirely legal, you were not "cut up" as you claim, the cyclist did nothing wrong.

See an anger management counseller or get another job, muppet.

I don't need to see an anger management counceller thank you. And I enjoy my job. I just don't need it made difficult by ignorant people who think its acceptable to act like a complete pig on the road and push to the front of a queue.
I mean if this was a queue in a shop or for an ATM machine, and this guy just pushed in front of everyone, would you think that was ok? No, I doubt you would. But for some reason its ok for him to push ahead of me at a traffic light queue, where I am waiting in the correct lane, at the stop line, with my right hand indicator on to say that I am going right. Did that cyclist bother to indicate, no he didn't!

nethalus said:
Bet you don't even register on the IQ scale mate. Actually bus driving is a respectful, good earning job. At least I work and I pay my taxes, NI etc. I bet you have to keep popping down the dole hole, because no one would employ a total turd brain like you!

You've really convinced me, well done.

spindrift

I mean for F**k's sake Magnatom this guy pushes in a queue like he owns the bloody road,

No, he filtered, tthat's entirely legal, check for yourself if you don't believe me.

half of all the cyclist deaths in London nethalus invove turning vehicles.

It's SAFER for the cyclist to act as he did, chill out!

spindrift

I just don't need it made difficult by ignorant people who think its acceptable to act like a complete pig on the road and push to the front of a queue.

You weren't delayed, you weren't inconvenienced, the cyclist did nothing wrong.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Catrike UK said:
I'm just going off the general quality of the posts. In Medway I have never had a problem with a bus driver except for once three years ago when a muppet passed me then immediately pulled into a bus stop, but as I am on the local transport planning board with his boss I had a word and he was suitably admonished, and to his credit, when he next saw me he pulled along side opened the doors and apologised so fair does.

Yes the posts on bl%%dbus are poor, but I wasn't thinking and I linked there instead of the youtube video. Sorry. As the others have said best to ignore them, I don't think they are representative of bus drivers. I just keep an eye on there (every once in a while) to see if anything interesting is being said or talked about with regards to cyclists. I have a vested interest, I live where they drive!:smile:

nethalus said:
I don't need to see an anger management counceller thank you. And I enjoy my job. I just don't need it made difficult by ignorant people who think its acceptable to act like a complete pig on the road and push to the front of a queue.
I mean if this was a queue in a shop or for an ATM machine, and this guy just pushed in front of everyone, would you think that was ok? No, I doubt you would. But for some reason its ok for him to push ahead of me at a traffic light queue, where I am waiting in the correct lane, at the stop line, with my right hand indicator on to say that I am going right. Did that cyclist bother to indicate, no he didn't!

Nor did he hold you up or inconvenience you, your ATM analogy lacks credibility.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Nethalus, many people wouldn't use bicycles and/or motorbikes if they weren't allowed to filter. Filtering is perfectly legal, and it's even mentioned in the highway code. It has nothing to do with bad manners.

I think you're on a windup, because I can't believe you don't know the appropriate bits of the highway code!!!

TWBNK

Nice to see that like magnatom you are prepared to post your mistakes on youtube.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0J8S1vxwkc

I believe you sound your horn at the car driver in front, while he has pedestrians still on the crossing. The green light means proceed if you are clear to do so. That says it all. Arrogant, inconsiderate and dangerous.

Top Bottom