What do you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
nethalus said:
Neither are you. You give me the impression that you are bitter about being rejected by McDonalds for a floor sweeping and tray clearing job!

Took you a while, you are a bit late to your own pity party.

nethalus

TWBNK said:
Nice to see that like magnatom you are prepared to post your mistakes on youtube.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0J8S1vxwkc

I believe you sound your horn at the car driver in front, while he has pedestrians still on the crossing. The green light means proceed if you are clear to do so. That says it all. Arrogant, inconsiderate and dangerous.

Got to specsavers mate, the pedestrians had cleared the crossing. Also I didn't sound my horn. The noise you can hear is actually the handbrake valve realeasing. It's a common feature on volvo buses and trucks. I only sounded my horn when he stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason and without indicating.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
LOL - all that ranting about a perfectly legal move by the cyclist and only a "oh and the car did an illegal left turn" possibly putting several people's lives at risk. :smile:. It looks like the ped crossing light is green as well.

domtyler

Über Member
nethalus said:
I don't need to see an anger management counceller thank you. And I enjoy my job. I just don't need it made difficult by ignorant people who think its acceptable to act like a complete pig on the road and push to the front of a queue.
I mean if this was a queue in a shop or for an ATM machine, and this guy just pushed in front of everyone, would you think that was ok? No, I doubt you would. But for some reason its ok for him to push ahead of me at a traffic light queue, where I am waiting in the correct lane, at the stop line, with my right hand indicator on to say that I am going right. Did that cyclist bother to indicate, no he didn't!

Nethalus, you have always impressed me when you have been on this forum in the past which is why I am quite shocked at what has materialised on here today. I hope it is just a temporary blip? I'm sure you know that being able to filter through to the front of a long queue of traffic is one of the main reasons cycling in a city is so convenient? Can you really imagine where cyclists just sit in traffic jams all day long? We'd never get to work!!!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

nethalus said:
I actually agree with that. Magnatom you started this!

To some extent. I shouldn't have posted the link to bloodbus, oops! But I generally post links to videos on here that I see about cyclist and so I posted this one. You've posted your fair share of my videos on bloodbus anyway, so it's pot calling kettle.....

I hope you are keeping well anyway. Glad your back behind the wheel. Just be nicer to cyclists...:smile:

nethalus

domtyler said:
Nethalus, you have always impressed me when you have been on this forum in the past which is why I am quite shocked at what has materialised on here today. I hope it is just a temporary blip? I'm sure you know that being able to filter through to the front of a long queue of traffic is one of the main reasons cycling in a city is so convenient? Can you really imagine where cyclists just sit in traffic jams all day long? We'd never get to work!!!

It don't normally happen. Most of the time cyclists either stay back or they dismount their cycles and wheel them across the road. I thought this guy was a bit arrogant for pushing to the front of the queue. To be fare I have had someone on in a pratmobile car do worse than this. They came up on the ahead only lane then turned across infront of me as I was turning right. Was nearly a nasty accident.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

nethalus said:
It don't normally happen. Most of the time cyclists either stay back or they dismount their cycles and wheel them across the road. I thought this guy was a bit arrogant for pushing to the front of the queue. To be fare I have had someone on in a pratmobile car do worse than this. They came up on the ahead only lane then turned across infront of me as I was turning right. Was nearly a nasty accident.

I think the problem is that you focused on the wrong thing. Filtering is fine. However, I think he did make mistakes. If he wanted to turn right he should have stopped further to the right in the lane, and an indication (although not required as it is a marked right turn lane) would be polite.

He has also crossed the stop line. There are different views on this, personally I would avoid it and if safe stop behind you. Other differ in their views on this. It is a bit of a gray area.

Top Bottom