What do your garden birds enjoy eating?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We have a couple of those "squirrel proof" feeders which work well.
We sometimes grease the poles and get some entertainment from that.
AND.....I have an air rifle.

I have an air rifle as well. I also have neighbour that cries like a girly if you so much as step on a bug let alone do anything else. I have squirrel proof ones as well. Might have to see about greasing the pole as well. And if that doesn't sound like a euphemism I don't know what does. :laugh:

midlife

Guru
all the usual stuff but now put out some jars of Flutter Butter screwed to the pergola.....feeding frenzy at times, even the magpies LOL

7130600PL.jpg

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have an air rifle as well. I also have neighbour that cries like a girly if you so much as step on a bug let alone do anything else. I have squirrel proof ones as well. Might have to see about greasing the pole as well. And if that doesn't sound like a euphemism I don't know what does. :laugh:
I was going to say you can grease my pole anytime you want.........
But I wont.:rolleyes:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Generally 'Premium' seed mix with suet pellets along with mealworms and suet blocks. Despite having 6 cats the 'death toll' is not that high amongst the sparrows but then they grew up with cats around so they know how to cope.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
They absolutely ignore my worms. I have a tame robin that follows me around when I dig and disturb things in the garden and it can see the worms but leaves them alone.
A vegetarian Robin, perhaps? ;)

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Goldfinches LOVE Niger seeds.
Mealworms are taken by Magpies, blackbirds, starlings, robins and any other insect eaters
A suet block in my garden is eaten in less than a day by starlings
Blue tits and great tits eat suet balls, pellets and blocks (when they can get near them!)
Sparrows and finches will take mixed seeds. I get a big sack from Wilkos, which has a lot of wheat in it, and add peanuts (the pigeons & doves like them), black and striped sunflower seeds, mealworms, suet sticks and some better quality mixed seeds to improve the overall quality.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Goldfinches LOVE Niger seeds.
Mealworms are taken by Magpies, blackbirds, starlings, robins and any other insect eaters
A suet block in my garden is eaten in less than a day by starlings
Blue tits and great tits eat suet balls, pellets and blocks (when they can get near them!)
Sparrows and finches will take mixed seeds. I get a big sack from Wilkos, which has a lot of wheat in it, and add peanuts (the pigeons & doves like them), black and striped sunflower seeds, mealworms, suet sticks and some better quality mixed seeds to improve the overall quality.

Same here, its war i tell ya :laugh:

Top Bottom