What does your significant other think of your cycling hobby?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
But when you're a wrinkled prune and sitting in an armchair all day- who are you going to talk to? I don't think you'll be on the phone talking to people all day to keep you company.
I find it funny when people seem to crave company and can’t settle on their own, but I am very introverted and prefer my own company 99% of the time. I can chat to some of the people I meet on my local walks and find that plenty.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Ha, I've got four bikes in the shed (two of which are Mrs C's, and no more can fit in there), two bikes in the loft, one bike in the conservatory and one in the back bedroom (my office) permanently attached to the indoor trainer.
Do you even use all your bikes? And what bikes do you have?

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Charming :rolleyes: I'll hopefully have plenty of hobbies, potentially live in a retirement community, or a village...or somewhere hot and sunny in a community. Who knows

Men have a shorter life expectancy...many more widows than widowers ;) At least I won't have to go through that heartbreak
I just don't want to end up like those people in those Age UK adverts 😭

si_c

Guru
I find it funny when people seem to crave company and can’t settle on their own, but I am very introverted and prefer my own company 99% of the time. I can chat to some of the people I meet on my local walks and find that plenty.
Eugh, one of those chatty people :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm the same, lived on my own for 8 years before meeting Mrs C and no doubt would be happy enough by myself without her. Very happy with my own company most of the time.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Given my sons / my Zwift set-up's in between the joint living / dining room mine's accepted it.

She complains occasionally, particularly if there's bikes/stuff everywhere, but given I'm supposed to be dead by now* she has me as a bonus :whistle:

* Currently I'm 9 years past the doctor's 'terminal life' date due to better diet, weight loss and better blood pressure. Riding my bike has been the significant contributing factor. She occasionally points out that whilst I've spent a balance (purchases - sales) of £12k and my bikes/kit areworth 2/3 of that she'd have been better off if I'd died due to life insurance and pension values :ohmy:
Hope you live many more years:wub:

si_c

Guru
Do you even use all your bikes? And what bikes do you have?
Couple of mountain bikes, commuting/general nipping to the shops bike, and a fast road bike all get used frequently. The two in the loft are in need of some TLC, which is why they are in the loft to keep them out of the way, and I don't really have any where to put them at the moment anyway.

figbat

Slippery scientist
My wife encourages me to ride as she sees and benefits from the physical and mental health benefits; I only ride a maximum of 3 times a week for 2 hrs/ride max so it's not a huge time and we often plan it to overlap my riding with something she is busy with. She tolerates the financial impact that goes with it.

Top Bottom