What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
This weekend we watched
The Passenger - was fantastic 8/10. A lot more going on than expected, but the usual predictable plot.
The Prestige- absolutely love this film. Wasn't sure I'd still enjoy it knowing the twist, but it was still good 8/10
Logan - Would've helped if I'd remembered what happened in Days of future past, but still pretty good. 7/10
Steve Jobs - Load of old twaddle. But atleast now I know what he didn't do. 5/10

Drago

Legendary Member
Transformers - Dark of the Moon.

Where to begin? Wooden acting, no plot worthy of the name, special effects that would have Gerry Anderson in fits of laughter. If this comes on TV and you can't find the remote you'd be justified in taking an axe to it. 0/10.

Joe.

Now, this was interesting. Mesmerising performance from Nicholas Cage, who occasionally pulls a good one out of the bag. Slow burning plot that keeps you gently hooked, reeling you in, slowly at first but them accelerating faster towards the crescendo. Violent, but not gratuitously so - its key to the plot and done sparingly, but all the more shocking because of its suddenness and the swift return to the drudgery of life that the plot portrays. Gritty plot, great cinematography, fantastic imagery, a hidden gem in the manner of Hell or High Water. Worth getting in some beers and Doritos and settling down to pay attention to this one.

9/10 - very highly recommended.

Tin Pot

Guru
Nah, they made a bollocks of Yoda with CGI rather than a puppet.
IMG_8589.JPG

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Black Cat, White Cat - gypsies, gangsters, goats, geese, and a singer who pulls nails out of wood with her bum - what's not to like? Utterly deranged, totally brilliant.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Patriots Day (2016) ...... Mark Wahlberg, Kevin Bacon, about the Boston bombing actually a good film, fast paced, entertaining not to bad at all 7/10
My Name is Lenny (2017)............Josh Helman, Michael Bisping, John Hurt ....bio about hardman Lenny McLean not great I found it a bit boring plus I wasn't keen on Josh Helman's portrayal of McLeans mannerisms a bit over the top and annoying, I have no idea how close to reality they were but it was annoying 5/10

Have you watched the real Lenny bio documentary ?
I wont watch the film ,no point

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Dog Day Afternoon. Just as good as I remember it. (A very young) Al Pacino plays a blinder, and has able assistance from some other fine actors, including that one who has a really bad haircut in the Godfather movies (and this). Kind of a period piece - very much 'of its time' - but none the worse for that.

Young Frankenstein. Never watched it before TBH.

I enjoyed it overall but it failed to impress me in the way I expected it too from what I'd heard.

Best for me was Marty Feldman's Igor, he proper tickled me at times, and with my skewed sense of humour that's no mean feat I can tell you.

Drago

Legendary Member
Homefront.

A slightly better plot that the typical Stafe fillum elevates this, just, to thriller status rather than a full blown beat-em-up actioner. Nice also to see Clancy Brown on the screen, on this occasion turning in a competent performance as the suspicious local Sheriff.

6/10. Not brilliant, but eminently watchable.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
This weekend we watched
The Prestige- absolutely love this film. Wasn't sure I'd still enjoy it knowing the twist, but it was still good 8/10

I felt the same regarding my second viewing, but it's just as enjoyable... and the twist isn't really a twist since...
...Michael Cane keeps saying "I'm telling you... he's got a double!" all the way through.

Sandra6

Veteran
I felt the same regarding my second viewing, but it's just as enjoyable... and the twist isn't really a twist since...
...Michael Cane keeps saying "I'm telling you... he's got a double!" all the way through.
watching it again I did wonder how I didn't spot it sooner first time round

Tin Pot

Guru
The Captive
I can't imagine why anyone would want to experience this movie.

It's just horrible and depressing. It's not smart, has no insight or twists, the acting is fine but there is no poignancy for a thinking persons film. It's just awfulness followed by awfulness.

Avoid. Delete. Burn.

2/10

Top Bottom