What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We sat down to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, as chosen by my 8 year old nephew. Oh well never mind I thought, but it really was great fun. Witty script, enough twists and turns in the story which was reasonably consistant with its internal logic rather than full of atupied holes, was really entertaining and it looked superb. Great undemanding fun !

And the second is great. Silly, but a great soundtrack.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Kids animation films are superb these days. Plenty of jokes. Did you note the 'Piston Cup' joke Mater made. That was funny. "You did what in the cup" - too fast for little kids to spot, but parents split their sides.

AndyRM

XOXO
A lot of kids animation is also utter dross, but that tends to be the stuff aimed purely at kids.

Pixar movies are generally brilliant, though I find the Cars series one of their weaker efforts along with The Good Dinosaur, but that's just because I'm comparing those to the rest.

Glengarry Glen Ross tonight!

Absolutely love it

simonali

Guru
I watched Sicario on 4K HDR Blu-ray. I've seen the film before, but this disc has the best picture I think I've ever seen!

BromptonChrispy

Reach for the Sky ( British biopic about Douglas Bader a double amputee who became a Battle of Britain fighter pilot!)

Great inspiration as I’m currently “leg up”recovering from knee surgery :sad:

Reach for the Sky ( British biopic about Douglas Bader a double amputee who became a Battle of Britain fighter pilot!)

Great inspiration as I’m currently “leg up”recovering from knee surgery :sad:

A great film!!

'Battle Of Britain' was on last week, another goodie, with a wonderful cast!!
And such marvellous music

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTs9m3qiP4w

Oh, & Suzannah York, in that uniform!!!, or partially out of it:wub:

Bill Foxley too!!
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/military-obituaries/8204673/Bill-Foxley.html

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The tall blond man with one black shoe. A brilliant french satirical spy comedy. It has elements of clouseau albeit is more subtle and less slapstic. French slow pace, brilliant acting and tighly ploted. It concerns a murderous rivalry between different departments of the French secret service into which the hapless title character musician is an innocent pawn. Bitingly satirical, and very funny in a queit way. This was my 2nd watch of it and it was even better as I saw more little details

There's a sequel too which I've yet to watch

Last edited:
Top Bottom