What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I've never got round to watching that and only recently read the book for the first time
Watch it... preferably at night on your own with a cushion to hide behind.
Pointless story alert...
Many years ago I was in northern india (Himalayas) and with not much nightime excitement decided to go to local cafe/cinema to watch a film.Should add that I'd smoked a fair amount of the "local herb" !
The Shining was on and only a few people watching as there was constant powercuts.Cut a long story short sat smoking/drinking and watching.Film finished and the place/town was in darkness.Must of been the longest mile I've ever walked,totally paranoid head on! Monkeys everywhere aswell which were little feckers to deal with.
Sorry needed to tell that 😁

Adam4868

Guru
Scarface. Never seen it before but then there's so many supposedly classic films that, despite working in the industry, I've not seen.

I guess it's very much of it's time. He didn't seem to have a single redeeming feature so, while it was an interesting story, I didn't feel any sort of empathy for anyone. Not sure why it's quite so highly regarded.
I've allways thought Al Pacino was over the top in a lot of his roles so to speak.So I guess this film was made for him ! Cult film of it's time,but watched again now does seem really dated.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I like both of those, but enjoyed Wind River just a bit more. I don't mind admitting I was satisfied with the ending of Wind River.

One of my favourite fillums. The final scene where Jeff Bridges faces Chris Pine just crackles with tension. It's a disgrace that Bridges, Pine, Birmingham and Foster didn't get oscars for that masterpiece.

You might also enjoy Wind River, written by the same bloke, another intensely compelling film to watch.

GetFatty

Über Member
Watch it... preferably at night on your own with a cushion to hide behind.
Pointless story alert...
Many years ago I was in northern india (Himalayas) and with not much nightime excitement decided to go to local cafe/cinema to watch a film.Should add that I'd smoked a fair amount of the "local herb" !
The Shining was on and only a few people watching as there was constant powercuts.Cut a long story short sat smoking/drinking and watching.Film finished and the place/town was in darkness.Must of been the longest mile I've ever walked,totally paranoid head on! Monkeys everywhere aswell which were little feckers to deal with.
Sorry needed to tell that 😁
Just watched it, very different to the book. Didn't find it overly scary but Nicholson is superb

gbb

Legendary Member
Wrecked.
Adrien Brody of concentration camp film The Pianist...wakes to find himself trapped in a wrecked car in a ravine, a dead man in the back, another outside...and he has no recollection of events or even who he is. There is virtually no-one else in the film, very little dialogue, just you and him as he tries to free himself then drag himself to freedom...if freedom is safe because hes not even sure if he is a bank robber on the run.
I liked it, a slow burner , not a film to set the world on fire but you felt for him, you witness his desperation, hallucinations and pain...and occasionally fear.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just watched the latest Dumbo film , just as good as the original .

Top Bottom