What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I watched Ford vs. Ferrari for the 3rd or 4th time tonight. I think this is becoming one of those movies that I will watch repeatedly over the years. Like The Godfather I and II, Dances With Wolves, I’m Gonna Git You Sucka, Apocolypse Now, Wolf Of Wall Street, Field of Dreams, Goodfellas and some others. But it will also be one of the few where I shed a tear. Each time I’ve watched it I get choked up when Shelby goes by Miles’ house. Call me a sap. I just call myself sensitive.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Watched the latest Mulan film this afternoon , very good

gbb

Legendary Member
Cut Bank.
John Malkovich as the dead pan local sherriff's in a small town where nothing every really happens..
A scam to claim the reward from the Post Office unfolds unexpectedly and definetely not to plan.
Best film I've watched for ages. A kind of melancholy story with some comical moments, violent and unexpected twists and turns

Excellent.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
All the President's Men. Wow! What a movie. With the caveat, I guess, 'if you like that kind of thing'. I'm thinking my eldest, who'd doubtless say 'half of it is just blokes talking on phones and scribbling'. And she'd be right. But. Impeccable script, bristling with articulacy and intelligence, like the best West Wing script ever, on steroids, sustained for two hours+; immaculate - which is to say invisible - direction; and an acting masterclass from the entire cast, including two of the best actors of their generation at the absolute top of their game. I remember enjoying it when I saw it - probably 30 years ago - so I was expecting it to be good. But really I had no idea. A straight 10 from me, no question.
If you like that sort of thing.

All the President's Men. Wow! What a movie. With the caveat, I guess, 'if you like that kind of thing'. I'm thinking my eldest, who'd doubtless say 'half of it is just blokes talking on phones and scribbling'. And she'd be right. But. Impeccable script, bristling with articulacy and intelligence, like the best West Wing script ever, on steroids, sustained for two hours+; immaculate - which is to say invisible - direction; and an acting masterclass from the entire cast, including two of the best actors of their generation at the absolute top of their game. I remember enjoying it when I saw it - probably 30 years ago - so I was expecting it to be good. But really I had no idea. A straight 10 from me, no question.
If you like that sort of thing.
Robert Redford fluffed one of his lines getting a word wrong and Dustin, like a total improv pro, caught the ball and ran with it. Great that they left that in.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Robert Redford fluffed one of his lines getting a word wrong and Dustin, like a total improv pro, caught the ball and ran with it. Great that they left that in.
The charge between them is palpable throughout, right from “I don't mind what you did; I mind the way you did it.”

Speaking of fluffed lines, I noticed to my amazement from the news clip that Nixon fluffed his, in taking the oath. In repeating the line "...to protect, preserve and defend the constitution..." he adds an 'and' between protect and preserve, which definitely isn't in the script. I've never seen it remarked on, and even googling didn't produce hits. I thought I must have misheard, but no, it's there alright - from about the one minute mark, for anyone who's interested.

Reminded me of when Neil Armstrong famously fluffed the first line spoken on the moon. He'd meant to say "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind" which makes sense, not "small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" which doesn't, given that 'man' without an 'a' and 'mankind' are absolutely synonymous.

I suppose very few people notice/care about such things, but I find them interesting. :tongue:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Wind River.

Seen it before, reviewed it on this hallowed thread, but it gets better with each viewing.

The climactic gunfight is as breathtaking as it is bloody. Its also an object lesson in why you shouldn't take on someone armed with a Marlin 1895SL firing 500 grain cannon shells if all you have is a Glock 17.

9.5/10. Suspenseful, thoughful, insightful, violent, emotional. Just brilliant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom