What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Paddington It's a movie I've been aware of as having good reviews, being enjoyable and lighthearted etc. It cropped up on tele last night so I thought I'd give it a go. It's cute and there were some excellent gags and subtle, 'blink and you'll mess them' lines - but I'm afraid I lost interest after around 1/2 hour. There's an awful lot going for it but maybe not enough to sustain it?
Sir,
I'm afraid I have some bad news for you:

You may have no heart.

Everyone loves this movie - the sequel possibly more so.

yello

Sir,
I'm afraid I have some bad news for you: You may have no heart. Everyone loves this movie
Yes, I know :sad: What can I say? I'm evil, that's all there can be to it.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Paddington It's a movie I've been aware of as having good reviews, being enjoyable and lighthearted etc. It cropped up on tele last night so I thought I'd give it a go. It's cute and there were some excellent gags and subtle, 'blink and you'll mess them' lines - but I'm afraid I lost interest after around 1/2 hour. There's an awful lot going for it but maybe not enough to sustain it?
Dood, you need to feel for a pulse... :blink:

Angel Had Fallen
Gerrard Butler stretches his acting chops in the 3rd installment of the 14 part Fallen franchise.
Secret Service Agent Mike Bannon saves the President then his team are all killed then he is set up to take the blame then he is arrested by the FBI then he escapes then he is chased by police then he meets his dad then they both kill lots of bad guys then the FBI realise the setup then they are killed then Mike Bannon saves the President for a second time that week and becomes Director of Saving Presidents.

6 tins of beer.

AndyRM

XOXO
Angel Had Fallen
Gerrard Butler stretches his acting chops in the 3rd installment of the 14 part Fallen franchise.
Secret Service Agent Mike Bannon saves the President then his team are all killed then he is set up to take the blame then he is arrested by the FBI then he escapes then he is chased by police then he meets his dad then they both kill lots of bad guys then the FBI realise the setup then they are killed then Mike Bannon saves the President for a second time that week and becomes Director of Saving Presidents.

6 tins of beer.

I remember reading someone getting upset (I think on IMDB) about how London has Fallen is totally unrealistic because you could never get around it that quickly. Quite why they thought realism was part of the deal is a mystery...

yello

I remember reading someone getting upset (I think on IMDB) about how London has Fallen is totally unrealistic because you could never get around it that quickly.
Funny you should say, I remember an episode of Luther where he ran from St Pancras Basin to Shoreditch (or therearounds) in pretty impressive time. I know, I know... it's fictional, on the tele it was just down the road, but if you know the area then you can't help but have a wee chuckle :laugh:

Funny you should say, I remember an episode of Luther where he ran from St Pancras Basin to Shoreditch (or therearounds) in pretty impressive time. I know, I know... it's fictional, on the tele it was just down the road, but if you know the area then you can't help but have a wee chuckle :laugh:
In the same vein, remember seeing an episode of Wycliffe where someone is on Bodmin Moor and starts running. and in 5 minutes is in Newquay...

Sir,
I'm afraid I have some bad news for you:

You may have no heart.

Everyone loves this movie - the sequel possibly more so.
I'm also in the @yello camp , so bah humbug to Paddington. Rupert would kick ass in a bear v bear smackdown any day of the week :laugh:
1645198338730.png

gbb

Legendary Member
Quiet day, 'we' decided to watch a film, my wife picked 'Rogue Warfare'...one of the trilogy, no idea which one, utter carp.
Typical gung ho, deep masculine voices, lots of diatribe from the Taliban baddie, just boring, poorly acted, woody, predictable (imho)
My wife likes this kind if film :stop:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Saw Dunkirk last night. It looked good, sounded good but seemed to be completely lacking in heart. I'd give it 5/10 if I was being generous.

p.s. For how long can a WW2 fighter plane actually glide ?

Top Bottom