What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rather curiously, this was on the 'Sci-Fi' channel a couple o nights ago

Fairly reasonable

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBbOlQTXV88

Plus, it features Hayley Atwell :wub:
She's almost as 'kick-ass' as she was as Peggy Carter

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Rather curiously, this was on the 'Sci-Fi' channel a couple o nights ago

Fairly reasonable

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBbOlQTXV88

Plus, it features Hayley Atwell :wub:
She's almost as 'kick-ass' as she was as Peggy Carter

I'm surprised - I thought it was terrible, especially Ray Winston who appears to be morphing into a caricature of himself. Forgot Hayley Atwell was in it, have you seen her in Conviction on $ky / NowTV? :okay:

Watched a couple of films lately:

Bad boys for life - very average, does exactly what you'd expect from the trailer

Whisky Galore! (The 2016 remake with Rab C Nesbitt, Eddie Izzard and John Sessions in it). Why oh why did they bother? Truly poor, lacking any of the warmth or character of the original.

The Train (BBC2 this afternoon) Burt Lancaster uses the railway to defeat the might of the German Army. Excellent.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Just watched Burning Rubber on Prime, (known as Trading Paint in US) with John Travolta OMG it was dire, even the motor racing was poor.

stephec

Legendary Member
Red Joan on Netflix.

Based on the true story of a British woman who passed secrets to the USSR in the forties.

A good film, although to be fair Judy Dench didn't have a lot to do as the older Joan, other than look confused and talk slowly, most of the story was told by the young Joan in flashbacks to the thirties and forties.

6.5/10.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Dunno why... bit of a nostalgia trip i guess... KISS meet the Phantom of the Park. I remember thinking it was quite good, but I was 8 years old when i saw it in the cinema... and it was part of a double bill, following on from Viva Knievel, starring Evil Knievel so i reckon it was the best film i watched that day. Now it's one of those films I watch once a decade, just to see if it's really as bad as i recall... and it is.

After the disastrous KISS movie, I plumped for Moon Two Zero, a british sci-fi flick from 1969. The opening titles (which go on for ever) lead one into believing this is going to be a comedy... it's not. It does have Warren Mitchell in it though, and the big bloke from the Carry On films... both playing it unusually straight. Better than expected, but I didn't expect much. Top marks to the model makers though.

AndyRM

XOXO
1917 - 6.5/10

If this didn't have the gimmick of looking like one take (and it's pretty obvious where the cuts happened) it would only be a 5. A fairly average, and entirely predictable story really, which never really pulled me in and didn't say anything new.

Adam4868

Guru
I watched Parasite the other night,korean film and definately worth a watch.Id give it 9/10.Thats a high mark for me,I actually want to watch it again.
Theres been some great Korean films out in recent years,especially since the Oldboy trilogy.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Dunno why... bit of a nostalgia trip i guess... KISS meet the Phantom of the Park. I remember thinking it was quite good, but I was 8 years old when i saw it in the cinema... and it was part of a double bill, following on from Viva Knievel, starring Evil Knievel so i reckon it was the best film i watched that day. Now it's one of those films I watch once a decade, just to see if it's really as bad as i recall... and it is.

After the disastrous KISS movie, I plumped for Moon Two Zero, a british sci-fi flick from 1969. The opening titles (which go on for ever) lead one into believing this is going to be a comedy... it's not. It does have Warren Mitchell in it though, and the big bloke from the Carry On films... both playing it unusually straight. Better than expected, but I didn't expect much. Top marks to the model makers though.

I though moon zero 2 was pretty good. Admittedly I was maybe 10 at the time, but still..

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I though moon zero 2 was pretty good. Admittedly I was maybe 10 at the time, but still..
it certainly wasn't as bad as expected and probably better than many films from that ilk and era. Some of the sets and models were marvellous. The wild lunar frontier setting was cheesy yet charming. The future of fashion is, as always, laughable. The plots (plural) worked. The bar room brawl with artificial gravity switched off scene really didn't work. It's no 2001 but it's not trying to be. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from watching it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
John Wick
Utter dross imho , saw it advertised and thought i would give it a go as folk rave about it .
Picked up this today for £5 :smile:
1581177506901.png

Top Bottom