What film did you watch last night?

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
Wind River.

Directed by the same geezer that did Hell or High Water, and it shows. A cerebral, atmospheric thriller, punctuated with brief, but intense, moments of violence. Jeremy Renner surprises, very nicely underplaying the role of a Fish and Game warden assisting an FBI agent investigating murders in rural Wyoming.

A visual treat with a haunting score and a very fitting end.

9/10 - A real hidden gem.

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
The 39 Steps.

The 60s version. Its dross really, and not a parch on the book or the earlier version or later remake, but who can resist the charm of Kenneth More?

4/10. A period curio.

vickster

Legendary Member
I watched Parasite the other night,korean film and definately worth a watch.Id give it 9/10.Thats a high mark for me,I actually want to watch it again.
Theres been some great Korean films out in recent years,especially since the Oldboy trilogy.
I'm off to see this later, not my choice but have an open mind (after all it did win the two big Oscars)

keithmac

Veteran
Revisited "The Brothers Grimsby" again.

Absolutely stupid and all the better for it, spent ages on Netflix looking for something decent to watch then this popped up again.

Got a REALLY low score on Rotten Tomatoes, but just what I needed to relax for an hour and a half, take your brain out and just enjoy it...

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm off to see this later, not my choice but have an open mind (after all it did win the two big Oscars)
Parasite, pretty good, but pretty strange in equal measure!

Jenkins

Guru
Assassin's Creed recorded from Film 4 a few weeks ago. OK, so I'm not a gamer and I wasn't paying too much attention to the film, but I think it deserves a "WTF was that all about?"

Top Bottom