What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kryton521

Über Member
"Widows" on You Tube. Good story, even if you remember the tv series from several decades back.

Still want to go and see 1917. And since the "Orange Faced shoot Gibbon" slated parasite it's now showing in my local cinema so I can go see that one!

"Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" 1974, George Kennedy replying to his cohorts question of "You sure that's their car"? "Thats their hearse". George Kennedy, one of the character greats. Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges, plenty of swearing and black humour.

Adam4868

Guru
Absolutely. Astonishing achievement. I never for a moment thought it was anything other than a stunning house designed by a top architect. Hats off to Bong and his production designer.
Me neither I only bothered looking because I wanted to find out where the house was and still gobsmacked ! I've watched the film a second time since.^_^

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Booksmart - yet another American coming of age/graduating from high school movie, and in a sense you've seen it all before, but in one important sense you haven't, because this one was almost entirely produced, written, directed, starring and most etcs by women, and it shows. Gets a lot of scathing reviews on IMDB - most, I suspect, from frustrated jocks all over the midwest - but also a fair sprinkling of raves, mostly, I suspect, from people going OTT to try to redress the balance. It ends up with a 7.2 score, which I'd say is about right: nothing really groundbreaking, and you don't feel much sweat and strain was involved in the making, but it's all pretty good or better, there's a fair sprinkling of LOL moments, and all in all it's an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours. Have to say young people's parties for rich Los Angelinos look like a lot of fun.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Midsommer... a film I've been looking forward to seeing for a while now, but was ultimately disappointed. It's trying to be The Wicker Man but apart from a very similar story, it lacks everything that's great about The Wicker Man.

Adam4868

Guru
Watched Under the Skin with Scarlett Johansen,I've seen it before when it came out but was just as creepy this time round ! One of those love it or hate it films I think..

Smudge

Veteran
1922 on Netflix.
Very good adaptation of the Stephen King novella.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I watched Parasite the other night,korean film and definately worth a watch.Id give it 9/10.Thats a high mark for me,I actually want to watch it again.
Theres been some great Korean films out in recent years,especially since the Oldboy trilogy.
I watched it and thought it was meh and rather long.

GM

Legendary Member
Went to see 'Greed' the other evening, what a load of tosh. But it raises a good point about the clothing industry and equal opportunities. 3/10

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I had to turn it off halfway through... for fear of dying of boredom.

Rogue One (again) for me last night... quite probably the best of all the Star Wars films
I thought Rogue One was pretty good, except they over-egged it towards the end. It was BBC a bit like those old suicide mission BBC war films.

Top Bottom