What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stewart Copeland on Drums. BBC 4 documentary.
It’s very interesting, following the evolution of drumming in popular music.
I had never really thought about the invention of the drum kit or set as he kept calling it. And the variety of ways to play it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001y8k

There’s Bass and Guitar episodes too

Edit. Sorry this should be in the TV thread not the film one.
The bass episode features Tina Weymouth, psycho killer baseline.

Rambo - Last Blood.

A contrived load of old bollards. I've shat things that made more entertaining viewing.

-2.2/10. A waste of time and electricity.
1hr39m of your life never to be returned. With your close connections to the good Lord he might grant you an extension to cover the time lost. The one set in Vietnam has to be the worst for me. Steven Berkoff in that one laying the foundations of his pension pot.

stephec

Legendary Member
'71.

The story of a young soldier split up from his section during a riot who has to try and find his way back to barracks whilst being chased by the IRA and his own side. I don't know how true to life it may be, but it's entertaining anyway.

7/10.

gbb

Legendary Member
Currently stopped watching Sniper, Ghost Shooter on Netflix. Bollix, complete tosh, poor rigid acting, too stylised, attempting to give it a swagger, a macho look, too much gung ho American cr&p.
Shame is, other half thinks its ok so I have to sit there laughing at the cr&press of it all.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Stewart Copeland on Drums. BBC 4 documentary.
It’s very interesting, following the evolution of drumming in popular music.
I had never really thought about the invention of the drum kit or set as he kept calling it. And the variety of ways to play it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001y8k

There’s Bass and Guitar episodes too

Edit. Sorry this should be in the TV thread not the film one.
The bass episode features Tina Weymouth, psycho killer baseline.
Both the drums and bass episodes were great... but the guitar episode was just a bunch of ***kers. Not surprising I guess.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Both the drums and bass episodes were great... but the guitar episode was just a bunch of ***kers. Not surprising I guess.
I watched the bass one last night.
So many bass players coming up with famous bass lines and no writing credits. It’s scandalous really.

Smudge

Veteran
Supersonic... Oasis documentary film on Netflix.
Even though i hadn't seen this film before, i felt like i had. Most of the footage has already been shown on other films about them.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Yesterday - wannabe but unsuccessful musician comes round from a bike accident to find himself in kind of a parallel universe in which no-one has ever heard of The Beatles or knows any of their songs, which he then uses to become a megastar. Gentle, fun, an enjoyable piece of whimsy. especially if you like Beatles songs. 7/10.

stephec

Legendary Member
A double bill for me lately.

First up was Green Street, what is it about football hooligan films that there always has to be a death near the end that causes the main character to question his ways?

And it's not very likely that a little hobbit can go from never throwing a punch to mixing it with the top boys in a space of days.

Second was a good pisstake of it, The Hooligan Factory, far more entertaining if you like stupid comedy.

Smudge

Veteran
A double bill for me lately.

First up was Green Street, what is it about football hooligan films that there always has to be a death near the end that causes the main character to question his ways?

And it's not very likely that a little hobbit can go from never throwing a punch to mixing it with the top boys in a space of days.

Second was a good pisstake of it, The Hooligan Factory, far more entertaining if you like stupid comedy.

I agree.... he was totally miscast in that film.

Top Bottom