What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Wind River.

Directed by the same geezer that did Hell or High Water, and it shows. A cerebral, atmospheric thriller, punctuated with brief, but intense, moments of violence. Jeremy Renner surprises, very nicely underplaying the role of a Fish and Game warden assisting an FBI agent investigating murders in rural Wyoming.

A visual treat with a haunting score and a very fitting end.

9/10 - A real hidden gem.

Drago

Legendary Member
The 39 Steps.

The 60s version. Its dross really, and not a parch on the book or the earlier version or later remake, but who can resist the charm of Kenneth More?

4/10. A period curio.

vickster

Legendary Member
I watched Parasite the other night,korean film and definately worth a watch.Id give it 9/10.Thats a high mark for me,I actually want to watch it again.
Theres been some great Korean films out in recent years,especially since the Oldboy trilogy.
I'm off to see this later, not my choice but have an open mind (after all it did win the two big Oscars)

stephec

Legendary Member
England is Mine.

The story of Morrissey from the seventies to the moment he first meets Johnny Marr, how true to life it is I don't have a clue, but as a film I enjoyed it.

7/10.

keithmac

Guru
Revisited "The Brothers Grimsby" again.

Absolutely stupid and all the better for it, spent ages on Netflix looking for something decent to watch then this popped up again.

Got a REALLY low score on Rotten Tomatoes, but just what I needed to relax for an hour and a half, take your brain out and just enjoy it...

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm off to see this later, not my choice but have an open mind (after all it did win the two big Oscars)
Parasite, pretty good, but pretty strange in equal measure!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Assassin's Creed recorded from Film 4 a few weeks ago. OK, so I'm not a gamer and I wasn't paying too much attention to the film, but I think it deserves a "WTF was that all about?"

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Blade Runner 2049.
Big fan of the original, but i found this slow going and for a film i was really looking forward to seeing, i found it a bit of a letdown.
I had to turn it off halfway through... for fear of dying of boredom.

Rogue One (again) for me last night... quite probably the best of all the Star Wars films

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Creed II for me last night... son of Apollo vs son of Ivan Drago in a predictably predictable instalment to the Rocky franchise... absolute pants but enjoyable enough, and much more fun than proper boxing.

Adam4868

Guru
This week ive seen 1917,was a ok ish film for me.Not my sort of thing so 6/10.
Then watched Knives out which was ok,bit of a whodunnit with Daniel Craig,watchable though.

Top Bottom