What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Location
Scotland
The Station Agent 7.5/10

Excellent performances from absolutely everyone in this movie.
The slow pace is great but the film never develops into anything and it comes to a sudden end. I kept thinking there would be some revelation as to why he’d inherited the train depot but it never happened and the end seemed to come mid-story. I still enjoyed though, even if it did plateau about 30 minutes in.
 

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Location
Plymouth
Primate (2025) - Paramount+.

Surprisingly graphic in places. A plausible plot compared to others of its kind. The script was dire. Imagine all of the stereotypes and stupid decisions made by characters from all other monster horror movies, and double it. Entertaining nonetheless. Glad I didn't pay for it though
 

AndyRM

XOXO
Location
North Shields
Splice - 7/10

I don't really like Adrian Brody, but I'm all about weird films and he seems to be too, when he's not winning Oscars.

Coming from the director of Cube (Vincenzo Natali), this is a challenging and very weird morality tale with some truly grim moments.

Some cracking practical effects too, which is always a good thing.
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Its an appalling fillum. A series of increasingly desperate and improbable set pieces held together by...nothing in particular.

As outlandish as the Brosnan films were they at least had a plot, even if more suited to a Marvel film.

It was a cynical attempt to do nothing more than cash in at the bank of Bond at the expected interval. The only thing Daniel Craig read was the cheque.
 
Last edited:
Its an appalling fillum. A series of increasingly desperate and improbable set pieces held together by...nothing in particular.

So in other words, it was a typical Bond film, they just didn't bother with a script or storyline! Still better than 90%* of action movies released that year [*figure may be pulled out of my nether regions, soz]
IMO of course ... I did genuinely enjoy it from a visuals point of view. And that is basically what I want from Bond, instead of a million more intelligent Film/TV dramas that I could be watching.
Have none of you watched Moonraker?!?

For something produced during a writers' strike, I don't think there's any point in moaning about it's (obvious) definciencies. From Wiki:

In a December 2011 interview, Craig stated: "We had the bare bones of a script and then there was a writers' strike and there was nothing we could do. We couldn't employ a writer to finish it. I say to myself, 'Never again', but who knows? There was me trying to rewrite scenes—and a writer I am not".[57] He said that he and Forster "were the ones allowed to do it. The rules were that you couldn't employ anyone as a writer, but the actor and director could work on scenes together. We were stuffed. We got away with it, but only just. It was never meant to be as much of a sequel as it was, but it ended up being a sequel, starting where the last one finished".[57] In a November 2024 interview before a public audience at Chapman University, Craig was more blunt in recalling the experience: "farking nightmare...We probably should never have gone and started production, but we did".[58]
 

nogoodnamesleft

Senior Member
The Batman (2022) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Batman_(film)
Recorded from Freeview fairly recently. Started with low expectations (as there have been some pretty dreadful Batman films made eg Val Kilmer) but this one I found good.

Complete fantasy and predictable story and fairly long running time but they managed to tell it well, engaging acting, overall I quite enjoyed it (which I didn't expect to - so good surprise). Maybe not quite up to the Tim Burton films but a very worthwhile film.
 

AndyRM

XOXO
Location
North Shields
The Room Returns - 10/10

A green screened remake of the cult classic.

If you've seen The Room, arguably one of the weirdest and worst films ever made, you won't be disappointed, but if you haven't you really won't get it.

IMG-20260819-WA0003.jpeg
 
Top Bottom