What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just spotted that The Flying Scotsman is available free on YouTube**. I think that I will watch that after finishing today's stage of the women's Tour of Britain.


**The picture quality was poor (only 720p) on YouTube, but I found it in better quality on Prime Video so I watched it there instead. I enjoyed it, but obviously it is a dramatic simplification of his complex life, and a lot changed after the film finishes. Coming out as gay and getting divorced, for example. I just found out that his ex-wife wrote the book Mrs Flying Scotsman, which tells the story from her perspective. It would probably be an interesting read?
 
Last edited:

Pblakeney

Über Member
Signal One (2026) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_One_(2026_film)

Bit of a waste of time. Obvious/silly story or rather no real story atall. Very low budget (isolated location with very small staff = cheap). Some well known cast but excessive over acting.

Just silly waste of time.

Tbh, you could equally apply that critique to 95% of films made these days. They are mostly made to a formula to make money.
I’m struggling to remember the last film that surprised me.
 

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Location
Plymouth
Tbh, you could equally apply that critique to 95% of films made these days. They are mostly made to a formula to make money.
I’m struggling to remember the last film that surprised me.

Quite true. Troubled kid who's parents are separated, big event involving mild to severe peril, resulting in happy families and world saved at the end. But often the arthouse films can be very good and surprising, of which there are many that don't get the recognition that the "trending" rubbish on Netflix get. Remember that one with Harry Potter who farted his way across the ocean "Swiss Army Man" - now that DID surprise me!
 

Punkawallah

Veteran
Better film and funnier answer, but it's The Mandalorian.

Curses! I was going to say that, too! :-)
 

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Evil Dead Burn. I'm a big fan of the first few films in the trilogy starring Bruce Campbell, directed by Sam Raimi. The film in-question is very well made and better than I expected. It's like a visceral experience, really intense when the action starts, it's just non-stop, crazy over the top carry on. I'm getting a bit old though, as I found quite a lot of it a bit much and had to close my eyes at times. there's also very little humour in it. It's a decent film though. When a film is an 18 these days, I guess you possibly know it's going to be disturbing at times. 7/10 for me, not sure I want to watch it again (I've watched the first 3 about 10 times or more, each).
 

Punkawallah

Veteran
Hercules Reborn, 2014. A low budget Sword and Sandals epic, with a cast of . . . dozens. The Greeks looked swarthy, the heroine was blonde, and Hercules was violently unrestrained (not one for the kiddies).
It could have been worse - it could have been by Nolan.
 

stephec

Squire
Location
Bolton
Have you ever wondered what a comedy version of Adolf Hitler would look like djing in a Ghanan nightclub?

Well this steaming pile of turd is for you.

If you manage to make it to the final credits your next question will be, 'WTF was that?'

IMG_20260830_134110.jpg
 
Top Bottom