What Fresh Hell is This? Part 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nobody was ever detected doing that so far as I remember.

I got a battered corned beef fritter, a large ball of corned beef in batter and deep fried. It was a chippy in Scotland that also did deep fried Mars bars. I saw one of our group eating one too. It was certainly a thing!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
We should send our gunboat and put a stop to this!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I got a battered corned beef fritter, a large ball of corned beef in batter and deep fried. It was a chippy in Scotland that also did deep fried Mars bars. I saw one of our group eating one too. It was certainly a thing!

It was rumoured that one in Stonehaven tried some. There were lots of reports but nobody was ever pinned down unless somebody did one as a joke and it grew from there as such things do. I lived in West Scotland when this started but never found anybody who actually saw one but lots of people had a friend who allegedly saw one.

I know it was Scotland. Possibly a town in D&G, or Callander. Iirc the chippy had a white painted building front, but can't really remember. I do know I struggled to eat a portion of chips with a corned beef fritter ball. Seriously, softball size, a bit bigger than a cricket ball. The Mars bar was slightly molten so was not exactly original shape.

Slick

Guru
It was rumoured that one in Stonehaven tried some. There were lots of reports but nobody was ever pinned down unless somebody did one as a joke and it grew from there as such things do. I lived in West Scotland when this started but never found anybody who actually saw one but lots of people had a friend who allegedly saw one.

To be fair, I'm the same.

I think its a similar phenomenon to Nessie. :okay:

Slick

Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4103415.stm

Depends where the 22% of chippies in Scotland were.
The touristy ones often sold them am sure.

What came first, the news story or the legend?

I remember the story breaking and reports of other delicacies like cream eggs getting the same treatment, but I've never personally seen it in operation.

Probably frequenting different establishments

AndyRM

XOXO
You can get Tassimo pod things that do the same. I don't have one or drink them, but apparently they're pretty tasty and close to the bars.

A Ding Dong is kind of like a Tunnocks teacake.

Top Bottom