What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
She Drew the Gun at Storey's Field Centre in Cambridge - and will be in Nottingham to see them at The Rescue Rooms next Wednesday as well.
we finally went to see Henge last night with tickets dated April 10th 2020... only been rescheduled about five times.
My ticket for The Mission at Rock City shows an original date of 6th May 2020 with the show finally going ahead on 19th April - hopefully as the added date in Norwich listed for 28th October 2021 has already been rescheduled twice (the latest was only a couple of weeks ago to 21st June).

Then there's another one (Aldous Harding) which has aleady been rescheduled for April 2023.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Just bought a ticket for Gong in Manchester. I wasn't planning on seeing them this tour, mostly because the last train to Lancaster from anywhere is stupidly early and most bands seem to think the northwest is Manchester & Liverpool and occasionally Carlisle. The obvious solution is book a hotel but that means a £20 gig ticket plus at least £50 for a bed, plus another £10-£20 on train fares... but what's the point of working everyday if I can't frivolously waste upwards of a hundred quid on a night out :okay:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Gong were excellent as usual (but that was a fortnight ago). They've added a few new old songs to the set, which was nice.

Paddy Steer in Morecambe last night.

we finally went to see Henge last night
Saturday was a real treat for Lancaster's freaks because we were not only visited by the mighty Henge but they were supported by the thoroughly bonkers Paddy Steer!

There was a bit of nudity going on in the audience; two naturists wearing nothing but footwear were being accepted with vague curiosity by everyone around them but by the end of the night, lots of topless men and women. Our view of the human body was challenged, which was nice.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Gong were excellent as usual (but that was a fortnight ago). They've added a few new old songs to the set, which was nice.

Saturday was a real treat for Lancaster's freaks because we were not only visited by the mighty Henge but they were supported by the thoroughly bonkers Paddy Steer!

There was a bit of nudity going on in the audience; two naturists wearing nothing but footwear were being accepted with vague curiosity by everyone around them but by the end of the night, lots of topless men and women. Our view of the human body was challenged, which was nice.
I'm off to see Gong this Thursday (24th) in Stroud.
Late notice, and as such is the offest of off-chances but I have a spare ticket going free if anyone reading this wants it, just drop me a message.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
The Divine Comedy at the London Palladium. Fantastic as ever. Got tickets for the Barbican in September too, rescheduled from 2020!

support Ren Harvieu was pretty good too, and her music was provided by one of the guys from The Magic Numbers, another of my favourite bands :becool: (I thought he looked familiar and then when he did some backing vocals, unmistakeable with a very distinctive voice).

Next up, Pet Shop Boys at the O2 on the 22nd, and then Beck at Kentish Town in mid June :becool:

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
The Divine Comedy at the London Palladium. Fantastic as ever. Got tickets for the Barbican in September too, rescheduled from 2020!

support Ren Harvieu was pretty good too, and her music was provided by one of the guys from The Magic Numbers another of my favourite bands :becool: (I thought he looked familiar and then when he did some backing vocals, unmistakeable with a very distinctive voice).

Next up, Pet Shop Boys at the O2 on the 22nd, and then Beck at Kentish Town in mid June :becool:

Pet Shop Boys are fab live. I've only seen them once, but it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

vickster

Legendary Member
Pet Shop Boys are fab live. I've only seen them once, but it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Yep, never seen them, always wanted to...another gig rescheduled from 2020!

AndyRM

XOXO
Yep, never seen them, always wanted to...another gig rescheduled from 2020!

They're so much fun. When I saw them they started off behind a wall of cardboard boxes which were kicked down by gymnasts/ballerinas/performers; I never knew who, because it didn't matter. It was amazing. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Willd

Veteran
Tool :becool: :notworthy:at Resorts World Arena in Birmingham. Still slightly deaf, almost converted my daughter too :wub: Might have to work on her to see Anthrax in October :whistle:

johnblack

Über Member
Went to see Everything Everything at Rock City the other week, always a good night. AltJ at Rock City next Thursday, followed by Gary Numan at The Derngate on Saturday. Plenty of local gigs too around Northampton, should be a good summer.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Tool :becool: :notworthy:at Resorts World Arena in Birmingham. Still slightly deaf, almost converted my daughter too :wub: Might have to work on her to see Anthrax in October :whistle:

Going to the O2 show on Monday. Anthrax too, Brixton. Only 30 years since they've played there (with Public Enemy...hell of a show).

Top Bottom