What gig did you go to last night?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by TwickenhamCyclist, 1 Nov 2016.

1. Seems to be one for films and TV and not one for gigs, comedy or concerts... so I thought I'd start one off... along with the fact I went to see PJ Harvey last night at Brixton Academy...
    Superb as always... voice like an angel, 10 musicians on stage, excellent sound and the band was tight and spot on...

RWright, ItsSteveLovell, TVC and 2 others like this.
  2. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

I'll contribute in 24 days.

raleighnut likes this.
  3. Rooster1

Rooster1 I was right about that saddle

I went to see Teleman at Sub89 in Reading on Sunday Night, was good to be out. Had a kebab and everything!

4. Gaz Brookfield at Pebbles Tavern in Watchet (first saw him at Watchet Music Festival back in August).. Superb singer songwriter.

TwickenhamCyclist likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    TwickenhamCyclist

TwickenhamCyclist Guest

Off to Lisbon to see Justin Bieber?

stephec likes this.
  6. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

7. flake99please

flake99please Make mine a '99'

DanTDM with my 6 year old son on Saturday night. He enjoyed meeting his hero.

8. jim55

jim55 Über Member

Kenny Rodgers last night !!! Abs brill didn't want to go really but my mate had a spare ticket and I went for free , really good

9. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

in spite of having Bieber-fever... i can't afford the tickets :sad:

raleighnut and TwickenhamCyclist like this.
  10. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

I was just invited to see Jake Bugg at Brixton tonight, but due to the combination of early start today, a cold, a dodgy knee and an early start tomorrow, I had to say no...
    (I have seen him before though)

TwickenhamCyclist likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    TwickenhamCyclist

TwickenhamCyclist Guest

Not the biggest fan but I reckon he'd be pretty good live...

12. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Yeah saw him at Ally Pally a while back, nice venue but a bit crap for gigs unless you are around 6'7 due to the flat floor!

13. AndyRM

AndyRM XOXO

Not last night, but a couple of weeks ago I saw Explosions in the Sky. Truly excellent, I love gigs at The Sage - the sound is absolutely incredible.

annedonnelly likes this.
  14. Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

Last week we saw Boo Hewerdine at the Junction 2 in Cambridge. He was great. I first heard his music in about '86 when he was in The Bible. He only lives in Ely and gigs regularly around here, but every time until last Tuesday I was otherwise engaged.

What I'm trying to fathom is that the tickets were £12 each, he had his mate Dan Whitehouse in support and there must have been 8 staff (some probably volunteeers) with a crowd of 50ish people. How would that break even?

velovoice likes this.
  15. TVC

TVC Guest

Last gig I went to was this one, I will post about the next gig tomorrow.

FB_IMG_1478023705620.jpg

nickyboy and Dave 123 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice