What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Seems to be one for films and TV and not one for gigs, comedy or concerts... so I thought I'd start one off... along with the fact I went to see PJ Harvey last night at Brixton Academy...
Superb as always... voice like an angel, 10 musicians on stage, excellent sound and the band was tight and spot on...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'll contribute in 24 days.

jim55

Guru
Kenny Rodgers last night !!! Abs brill didn't want to go really but my mate had a spare ticket and I went for free , really good

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Off to Lisbon to see Justin Bieber?
in spite of having Bieber-fever... i can't afford the tickets :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
I was just invited to see Jake Bugg at Brixton tonight, but due to the combination of early start today, a cold, a dodgy knee and an early start tomorrow, I had to say no...
(I have seen him before though)

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
I was just invited to see Jake Bugg at Brixton tonight, but due to the combination of early start today, a cold, a dodgy knee and an early start tomorrow, I had to say no...
(I have seen him before though)
Not the biggest fan but I reckon he'd be pretty good live...

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah saw him at Ally Pally a while back, nice venue but a bit crap for gigs unless you are around 6'7 due to the flat floor!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Last week we saw Boo Hewerdine at the Junction 2 in Cambridge. He was great. I first heard his music in about '86 when he was in The Bible. He only lives in Ely and gigs regularly around here, but every time until last Tuesday I was otherwise engaged.

What I'm trying to fathom is that the tickets were £12 each, he had his mate Dan Whitehouse in support and there must have been 8 staff (some probably volunteeers) with a crowd of 50ish people. How would that break even?

TVC

Last gig I went to was this one, I will post about the next gig tomorrow.

FB_IMG_1478023705620.jpg

Top Bottom