What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Dinosaur Jr, good nostalgia, bad for my tinnitus...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Slightly longer round trip for last afternoon/evening's show: the Damnation Festival at the Bowlers Exhibition Centre in Manchester. Up at 5.15, on the road an hour later, into the earmarked parking spot at 10.50 am. Would have been in plenty of time for seeing one of the opening acts (noon) as intended, had I remembered to pack the ear plugs. Oops. Off to a nearby (ish) Boots, and back to the BEC in time for the second act I wanted to see at 12.35 or so, Irist (like Gojira and Mastodon? You'll like Irist). Much cracking entertainment later- particular highlights being atmospheric instrumentals from Bruit & We Lost The Sea, hilarious hardcore/thrash crossover from Insanity Alert (complete with a guy in an inflatable Pikachu outfit in the circle pit, yes you did read that right), and Godflesh pummeling their way through a Streetcleaner album set. Terrific day/night out.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
312956594_556801539782402_5923365363000264078_n.jpg

But metal's so angry, so miserable…nope, this was just joyous!

Cavalol

Guru
Rod Stewart tonight in Liverpool. I'm sure he's not as agile etc as he used to be, but to give the old lad his due, he's still got it.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
saw them at Glastonbury in 92, and again at Leeds, also 92 I think. Amazing at Glasters, very dark and somewhat dreary at Leeds

Nowhere quite as exotic as those places, I saw them at Stroud Sub Rooms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom