What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I saw From the Jam 10 years ago when Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler were both still in it. I got the impression it was just their pension plan. I didn't bother going to their next gig.
You did right. They're like a Jam tribute band...without bothering to try and get a Weller-lookie-likie! The crowd were throwing water at the singer during their encore.

This has just popped up on my social media feed

View attachment 493476

I'm very tempted to get tickets for 'Senior Management' & me for Leeds O2 next year

In case you're wondering.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_HN50TLuaI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLnZ1NQm2uk

You should. Great fun live!

£35!!:eek:

iandg

Legendary Member
Last Sunday, forty years to the day since I first saw them live, Hawkwind's 50th anniversary tour at O2 Academy Glasgow. I was amazed that any of them are still alive, there must be something to be said for 'herbal' remedies. :whistle:

Missed it, ummed and ahed and in the end didn't get tickets. On the night I had a stinking cold and went to bed early any way.

There's only Dave Brock from the original line up anyway (isn't there?). Nic Turner's gigging but I read in Mojo magazine last month that him and Brock are still not talking to each other ^_^

iandg

Legendary Member
I saw Oysterband and June Tabor at the Sage, Gateshead earlier in November.

At the other end of the spectrum, I've got tickets to see Idles at Glasgow Barrowlands next Monday :smile:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Missed it, ummed and ahed and in the end didn't get tickets. On the night I had a stinking cold and went to bed early any way.

There's only Dave Brock from the original line up anyway (isn't there?). Nic Turner's gigging but I read in Mojo magazine last month that him and Brock are still not talking to each other ^_^
Tim Blake was 'guesting' on theramin and keyboards. He was also in the lineup when I saw them in '79.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Last night was The Comet is Coming at Norwich Arts Centre - a fantastic wall of sax, synths & drums jazz noise.

The support act was Leafcutter John - notable for his use of bicycle lights in his performance

gaz71

Über Member
On friday night i went to the Kentish Town Forum to see Primal Scream perform their Greatest hits tour.It was my 46th gig of the year and definitely in the top 3 for me.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Last gig of the year for me - Stealing Sheep at Norwich Arts Centre. A brilliant mix of music and a bit of performance art thrown in, but it was a bit of a risk throwing an inflatable sheep into a (mostly) Norfolk audience for the last bit!

12 gigs already lined up for next year up to mid April.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Underworld at Wembley Arena last night. Awesome. They recently completed 'Drift', a project to release new music every single week for an entire year (I bought the box set- 7 CDs, a Blu-ray of all the video content, an 80 page book & download code for everything released after the box went into production). Karl reckoned it was the best thing he & Rick had done in their career (and they're going to start again!!) I'd agree, and they set themselves a high bar! As for the show...2 hours of wall-to-wall brilliance, and Rick did a 75 minute DJ set by way of warmup!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWQk6hUvL7w

Top Bottom