What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Celebration of the Music of Peter Green tomorrow. Just did a bit of searching and the going rate for my £62 tickets is something over £400.
But with Billy Gibbons, David Gilmour, Jonny Lang, Andy Fairweather Low, John Mayall, Christine McVie, Zak Starkey, Steven Tyler, Bill Wyman and more to be announced (Pete Townsend & Noel Gallager). Legendary producer Glyn Johns has joined as the executive sound producer and the house band will feature Fleetwood himself along with Andy Fairweather Low, Dave Bronze, and Ricky Peterson.
Even £400, restricted leg room and a safety bar won't persuade me to sell.
Photos to follow.
I've met and spoken to Peter twice, the 2nd time we bought a CD, got it signed by all the band and I took a photograph of him with Maz.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Celebration of the Music of Peter Green tomorrow. Just did a bit of searching and the going rate for my £62 tickets is something over £400.
But with Billy Gibbons, David Gilmour, Jonny Lang, Andy Fairweather Low, John Mayall, Christine McVie, Zak Starkey, Steven Tyler, Bill Wyman and more to be announced (Pete Townsend & Noel Gallager). Legendary producer Glyn Johns has joined as the executive sound producer and the house band will feature Fleetwood himself along with Andy Fairweather Low, Dave Bronze, and Ricky Peterson.
Even £400, restricted leg room and a safety bar won't persuade me to sell.
Photos to follow.

Worth the money for Billy Gibbons alone.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Last nights finale.
Dave Gilmore, Noel Gallagher, Pete Townsend and a couple of other had gone, but still some line up. Box set out in October.

1582715147361.png

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Re-titling this thread
What gig should you have gone to last night?
Santana at the O2, no new date yet. Seen them 40 years ago and at BST Hyde Park in 2018, so not too disappointed. And heard the original Black Magic Woman at the "Peter Green" gig
Got a new date for the Boomtown Rats though, October. Fortunately on one of the free days I have.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Re-titling this thread
What gig should you have gone to last night?
<snip>.
In that case I should have gone to Squid at Norwich Arts Centre on Tuesday followed by Agnes Obel at Cambridge Corn Exchange on Sunday 5th April, The Lovely Eggs at The Portland Arms in Cambridge on the 15th, Lanterns on the Lake at Norwich Waterfront on the 23rd and The Mission at Nottingham's Rock City at the Start of May. All postponed and the later two yet to be rescheduled :sad:.

Bit late with this but saw The Hold Steady on the Friday night of their London Weekender at The Electric Ballroom earlier this month.

The poster;

And live pic;

Great gig and well worth the effort of booking a hotel to stay over.

Also managed a coffee at Rapha Soho and breakfast at Look Mum No Hands and a mooch in Condor.

simon.r

Person
I have tickets for a Hands Off Gretel* gig that was supposed to be tonight, having been rescheduled from last March. Now rescheduled to next May☹️

*I know very little about Hands Off Gretel (think I found them down a YouTube rabbit hole) but I like their music and the gig is at a small local venue so very likely to be a good night out.

Julia9054

Guru
I have tickets for a Hands Off Gretel* gig that was supposed to be tonight, having been rescheduled from last March. Now rescheduled to next May☹️

*I know very little about Hands Off Gretel (think I found them down a YouTube rabbit hole) but I like their music and the gig is at a small local venue so very likely to be a good night out.
My son's band Sir Curse have been on the same bill as Hands Off Gretel a couple of times.
Here is Sir Curse's socially distantly filmed video released in time for Halloween

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xnrkNxlJzVU

Top Bottom