What happens when you only lock the front wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
lupin.gif

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Shows some talent - although the other 3 bikes don't look like they're locked at all :thumbsup:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
If I were to ever use one of this bike stands, I would make sure to lock my bike sideways and secure both wheels to the frame and bike stand. Or I would just find a suitable railing nearby.

GrasB

Veteran
If I were to ever use one of this bike stands, I would make sure to lock my bike sideways and secure both wheels to the frame and bike stand. Or I would just find a suitable railing nearby.
Lock the frame to the front wheel & the front wheel to the rack.

sheffgirl

My local Morrisons has 'cycle parking' similar to this, you can only lock the front wheel to the loops stuck on the wall, and there isn't anything else to fasten bikes to securely, apart from one cast iron gate which you can only really fasten one bike to at a time. I try to avoid going there if I am cycling, I'd rather go to other stores which actually have proper cycle racks for their customers.

Crankarm

Guru
Always take the saddle with you. Also the owner could have turned bike around and locked rear wheel with front alongside rear as well through which lock would also pass. Also this not a real theft. Staged.

Top Bottom