What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The Kingpin got dirty on the group ride yesterday, I had to give it a good wash and polish. I also tightened up some nuts and bolts, repaired the puncture on the tube from yesterday, and re-fixed the head badge that came loose. Some photos for your entertainment pleasure.
IMG_4992.jpeg

IMG_4994.jpeg

Dirty Bike
IMG_4995.jpeg

Case off.
IMG_4996.jpeg

IMG_4997.jpeg

Foamed up
IMG_5002.jpeg

Nice and shiny.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Drive train cleaned
Tyres inspected
All ready for a ride tomorrow morning

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
@cyberknight kindly sent me a SRAM Apex 10spd short cage mech to replace my bollocksed long cage version. After some consultation with the mechanics at work about what i might have to change on the drivetrain because i was swapping long to short cage i figured i had enough knowledge.

Cleaned the mech in the parts washer and then proceeded to uninstall my long cage mech and install the short cage. Chain off, also cleaned because i was at the parts washer, old mech off and new mech on. Chain back on and lubed. Reset the barrel adjuster, unset the limit screws and then proceeded to set the limits and index the gears. Surprisingly the chain didn't require shortening (although some will argue it probably should have) and everything came together in about 30mins.

Rode my bike home over 12mi testing the gears and everything seems to be a-ok.

Sometimes i surprise myself.

glad it worked out ok

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It started off as just a quick clean for the flat bar Triban which then got me thinking about mudguards. A couple of weeks ago I fitted it with some 28mm Vittoria Rubino Pros which, although very narrow (look like 25mm when fitted), I didn't think would go under the Raceblade Longs. Cue digging around in the spares box to find the spare fixings and a bit of faffing around.
They fit perfectly so I can swap the guards around between the Triban and what used to be my main commuter bike as necessary and not have to look at getting a permanent set.

Jameshow

Veteran
Is it just me or is that a bit ... garish? Someone in my club has one of these and it's clearly a really good piece of kit, but ...

Seat post is a bit form over function imho.
And the paint around the head tube looks naff. But I guess I'm not the target audience!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Garish is I think an understatement.

Agree.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Is it just me or is that a bit ... garish? Someone in my club has one of these and it's clearly a really good piece of kit, but ...

a good few years ago someone from another club was at the same cake stop had a predecessor to that just lent against the wall , nice piece of kit but im not sure i would leave it without at least a cafe lock

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
If they'd bothered to put pedals on it I might have been tempted.

Pedals not included.

Seat post is a bit form over function imho.
And the paint around the head tube looks naff. But I guess I'm not the target audience!

the lighting kinda spoils the head tube area, it’s a really clean blue in person. When I get back in the shop Monday I’ll have a proper camera with me and try to get a better shot.

There were reflectors and a spoke protector disc included with it, I was so very tempted to put them on.

or maybe add a nice basket.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Replaced snapped front brake cable on canti’s. Five minutes later, same chap back in the shop to have the rear cable replaced :-( At least he wasn’t going downhill from Durham station when it went :-)
He did ask about the ‘third disaster’, and I was happy to point out his bridging cable at rear had snapped a strand. Didn’t want it changing, though. Fingers crossed.

Pedals not included.

the lighting kinda spoils the head tube area, it’s a really clean blue in person. When I get back in the shop Monday I’ll have a proper camera with me and try to get a better shot.

There were reflectors and a spoke protector disc included with it, I was so very tempted to put them on.

or maybe add a nice basket.

I'm almost convinced - reflectors, dork disk, basket - any chance of a wing mirror?

Top Bottom