What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dora

I let my tyres down a bit.

Tools used:
erm.....none.

I might get the other bikes out and use the air I let out of the tourer's tyres to pump the SSO and MTB tyres up later. :smile:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
After the rest is done I guess :wacko: or it will be :gun: :gun: :boxing:

I have my tactics sorted for these things..... Usually involving rohipnol and a boxer's head guard :becool:

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Never really fiddled with a bikes gears before, but had to when the Virtuoso came back from a Halford's service :wacko:

I bought a copy of Cycling Active a couple of weeks back that came with a DIY DVD, so watched the relevant chapter and fiddled and fettled for an hour cleaning and lubing as I went, Indexing is smoother than a smooth thing and I'm pretty pleased with myself. DVD has been put away for future reference :biggrin:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Gave the Langster a good clean at 4 a.m

This was achieved by using

Baby wipes, Mr.Sheen, soapy water for the bar tape, wheels & tyres, & a bit of wet lube on the chain.

A cup of coffee & a mince pie.

Sky news HD

gbb

Legendary Member
Yesterday i fettled a carttridge BB on my hybrid...and failed. Threads damaged in the shell, so it'll need a tap running through it.

This was achieved with...
BB tool.
Large set of molegrips (sacrilege)
Crank extractor.
A few oaths when i realised the loose BB has damaged the shell, albeit not badly.
There may have been a cuppa in there somewhere, it didnt seem important to remember at the time. If only i'd known :biggrin:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I've fiddled with # 3's new bike today! & made a right cock up :angry:
He was reaching a bit far, so thought i'd flip the stem...easy peasy job right...??
Until you realise that small child you handed the spacers to has no idea where he's put them, after an hour of searching they've not turned up, so now have a bike with a wobbly handlebar. He's got a 25 mile MTB ride on Sat & a Cyclo X on Sun, i'm working all day moro - so have fingers crossed the Raleigh shop on the corner of the road I work on will be super amazing & be able to hlep me out If i beg enough :cry:

EDIT
Just realised Helfrauds is opne til 20.00 tonight..One harrased mum & two pyjama clad bubbas are on a mercy dash!!

EDIT EDIT
Spacers purchased & fitted, but the headset still feels a little loose.. O WTF have I done...?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I topped my tyres up, went for a 35 mile jaunt, and then made a rather nice curry for tea.

Portex

Regular
Adventure Ladies MTB delivered 12:00 by courier.
Made mug of tea.
Removed bike from box - wife injured herself on large staple holding box together
Removed wrapping from bike (lots of corrogated cardboard and polythene).
Mounted handlebars on bike using various allen keys.
Attached pedals to bike using supplied spanner.
Checked brakes (very good).
Mounted bike on work stand.
Checked all gears (21) - all worked - minor adjustment to cable required.
Pumped up tyres to 60psi.
Comforted wife.
Finished tea.

Adventure Ladies MTB delivered 12:00 by courier.
Made mug of tea.
Removed bike from box - wife injured herself on large staple holding box together
Comforted wife.
Removed wrapping from bike (lots of corrogated cardboard and polythene).
Mounted handlebars on bike using various allen keys.
Attached pedals to bike using supplied spanner.
Checked brakes (very good).
Mounted bike on work stand.
Checked all gears (21) - all worked - minor adjustment to cable required.
Pumped up tyres to 60psi.

Finished tea.

My gf corrected it for ya, im sayin nowt :whistle:

Top Bottom