What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Charged up the batteries in my front lights.

Gave the bike a damn good clean and polish.......

...Ok I'm lying, it's not Christmas yet ;)

I did do the batteries though :thumbsup:

Furkz

Über Member
checked chain

than had to straighten and correct height on saddle after being in the workstand

straightened out rear light

rode to kebab shop :tongue:

deanE

Changed 50/39 chainset for a 50/30 and replaced rear mechanism with long cage unit, along with new chain. With help of varying advice on internet (Utube) managed to adjust system all round and seems to work ok. Short try out but put to the test tomorrow.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Changed 50/39 chainset for a 50/30 and replaced rear mechanism with long cage unit, along with new chain. With help of varying advice on internet (Utube) managed to adjust system all round and seems to work ok. Short try out but put to the test tomorrow.
Blimey - that's quite a jump between the 2 rings! Are you sure you haven't put on a compact chainset - 50/36 or 50/34?

As for me - I will shortly be replacing my very worn and wobbly bottom bracket, checking my tyre pressures and cleaning my bike in preparation for tomorrow's Season of Mists audax event which sets off from just down the road at 09:00 tomorrow.

Treated a shed.

potsy

Rambler
I finally gave my bike a long overdue clean, even took the crankset off to get into all the knooks and crannies :ohmy:

Fitted a bike computer to Mrs Potsy's bike, checked the brake blocks on mine but left them on as there's at least another 2 weeks worth of rubber left on them yet :thumbsup:

Lubed the chains on the tandem, fitted Titec H 'bars to it, raised seat, pumped tyres, fitted bar bag, and generally got it looking good for tomorrow's Tandem Club run by touching in a few paint chips. Now going to charge camera, make sarnies, and then put bike in the car ready for an early start. Looking forward to another great day of dad/son bonding.

al78

Guru
I fitted new v-brake arms and cable to my Birdy folder. Must remember to test ride it before I take it out on the hills on Thursday.

al78

Guru

I didn't think it was possible to have more than a 16T jump between front rings.

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
Since I had both wheels off to fix a double puncture I thought I'd give it a clean and polish at the same time. I discovered that my kids' garden slide makes a passable bike stand.

Top Bottom