What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bluebell72

Cleaned bike. Long overdue. Embarrassed at how much gunk there was.

Made a beast of a birthday cake for a party tomorrow, 27 eggs!!! Looking forward to making the ganache later...double cream and chocolate melted....:thumbsup:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Painted.the porch, cleaned and put away bbq, sorted out cellar.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've been fettling my Sturmey Archer hub gear indicator chain, several times today on a 25 mile ride. Only a three speed on Granville but I kept losing first gear. Eventually found it to be the clip that clamps around the chain stay to anchor the gear cable outer.
Seems daft having a clamp on a tapered tube that, under tension, slides down the taper!

It wouldn't have been a major issue except that I had to keep my speed down to around 12mph and that is 1st gear riding on Granville.

diapason

Just a check over and tightenening bolts. It's surprising how many things can begin to work loose in a short time - especially on rougher cycle paths.

Furkz

Über Member
took the bike to Evans Gatwick for the 1st service and they scratched it. than tyre shredded to bits in the blazing heat and had to get a cab home

so repaired puncture in tube, touched up frame and ordered a new tyre.

ont care about anything just Evans scratching my bike

Cyclist33

I patted my bikes affectionately on the handlebars, as I,so often do. Also made fettling plans for my mtb in case anyone wants to buy it.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Is this Scotland you are talking about somewhere in the Indian Ocean, cause it certainly aint here ;)

Edit: Oh and btw I'm going to have to look at my mudguard bridge bolt and hope its not stripped!

mlala.gif
I'm not listening
tongue.gif

It's going to be warm I tell ye
laugh.gif

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I will shortly be replacing my very worn and wobbly bottom bracket, checking my tyre pressures and cleaning my bike in preparation for tomorrow's Season of Mists audax event which sets off from just down the road at 09:00 tomorrow.
It turns out that I now have the right length bottom bracket for my triple chainset (115.5 mm) whereas the worn one was only 111 mm. The bike now feels and sounds great, and my front shifting is much better.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Complete change of cables for Gti Junior's new (old) road bike bought from a neighbour for £80. It's got very old and very primitive Campy changers, boy are they strange! Both sides ratchet up then the thumb lever ratchets them back down again. Strangely the rear one indexed immediately, even though I didn't tension the cable at all.

twobiker

Made a special tool to tighten and undo the allen headed screws that hold the arms on my bike rack out by angle grinding off a length of allen key to fit in a battery drill, it saves ages of winding half a turn at a time, also pumped up tyres on MTB to 80psi with track pump sure sign that broken arm is getting better. :biggrin:

Top Bottom