What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
Readers of this thread may be aware I repaired my SKS guards last week by re riviting the guards to the metal brackets.

It appears the guards and brackets are made of sterner stuff than elcheapo rivits from eBay. The vibrations caused the rivits to get chopped in half. One fell off while riding and the other in my hands while examining.

So I've had a trip to the local quality tool merchant and bought some quality rivits as re done them.

After that I adjusted the front cones. Then decided to strip them and re grease them. It's still not great so I might lash out on some new cones. Annoying really as I've just had the wheel rebuilt and could have changed the hub. Equally I suppose who cares if the hub is goosed I might as well ride it into the ground.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Need to recable the rat bike,2 weeks on shitty roads and the shifting Is farked

kynikos

Veteran
Remove contents from box and build:

IMG_20200129_171253.jpg

Sadly, I wasn't able to test ride it!

...but the smile on my grandson's face will be worth it. The balance bike has been getting some hammer and it's his 3rd birthday next month

keithmac

Guru
Checked the tyres and oil level on my old Honda Fireblade which I haven’t used for a couple of months and then popped out for about a 50 mile round trip to run a couple errands.

View attachment 499016

Spent the rest of the day rebuilding my Team Banana project bike which was very pleasant and rewarding, just a shame it’s coming to an end, I’ll have to start looking for another.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/raleigh-team-banana-project.256168/

Those Abba stands are a great piece of kit, we bought 3 for the workshop when they first came out (17 years ago?) and they are all still in use!.

keithmac

Guru
Once they're on the Abba there's no chance of them coming off!.

20200130_200447.jpg

20170915_155613.jpg

Removed both jockey wheels on the Sora and gave them a good clean. Cleaned the chainwheels too. The 39 tooth steel I thought had rust on it but it turned out only to be a funny colour mud that had splashed onto it. Now silver again.

Cleaned the Wilier Montegrappa, adjusted front derailleur and fitted the 2nd replacement jockey wheel to son's Columbus X-Wing cross-commuter (only had one spare).

Then we adjusted the bars on his Langdale track bike - now it's lower so he can be faster as he wants a better bar balance :eek:

View attachment 502659
I`d never manage that position now a days, actually I doubt I would have done when I was younger as well. Nice looking bike.

Top Bottom