What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Just finished on the phone - reduced the broadband bill by £21 a month.
Does that count as a fettle?

My fettle at the weekend was pretty minor. The front mud guard clip onto the front brake bolt had come a little loose. So the front of the guard was able to drop to the bottom off clip and occasionally rub at low speed. I loosened the brake bolt, slided the clip up 3mm and tightened the bolt again faster than it took to type this 😂

Gunk

Guru
Fitted a cassette to my Turbo bike, I now have two rear wheels.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
A bit more fettling today. I got the knockabout bike out late this afternoon just to clean it but noticed a few things and before I know it I'm doing a minor service.:laugh:

New chain, new front brake cable and noodle, new brake blocks both ends and adjusted the rear wheel bearings. Just getting dark when I came to pack up so I'm glad I didn't leave it any later.

Gunk

Guru
stripped a Tacx neo 2 smart trainer tonight, needs a new bearing. now ordered hopefully get it back together for the weekend.

You’re just showing off that you’ve worn it out!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Oiled chain and couple of drops on spd springs whilst I was there. I do the oiling whilst out on rides to avoid getting oil on patio and traipsing it in. Recumbent nice and quiet again.
Do you also spray the whole pedal platform? I find doing that also helps with creaking from the shoes that SPD are famous for

Top Bottom