What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drzdave58

Über Member
That looks great. What material did you use?
Veg tanned cowhide

pawl

Legendary Member
Changed the rear gear inner cable as gear change had got a bit iffy.Not sure if it was actually the cable.The ferrule on the outer where the outer enters the rear mech he’d a split in it.All OK ✅ now

Gunk

Guru
After seeing @fossyant Ribble 653 build thread, I really liked the Chorus lookalikee seat post From SJS. The original post on my Raleigh Ti rep was scratched to buggery by the previous owner, so although 50g heavier, this is the perfect replacement.

Before fitting I used a Dremmel with a sanding attachment and got rid of all the sharp edges around the top of seat tube which you do seem to get with a steel frame.

Fitted it and adjusted the saddle. For £16 delivered I'm chuffed to bits with it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
After seeing @fossyant Ribble 653 build thread, I really liked the Chorus lookalikee seat post From SJS. The original post on my Raleigh Ti rep was scratched to buggery by the previous owner, so although 50g heavier, this is the perfect replacement.

View attachment 570082

Before fitting I used a Dremmel with a sanding attachment and got rid of all the sharp edges around the top of seat tube which you do seem to get with a steel frame.

Fitted it and adjusted the saddle. For £16 delivered I'm chuffed to bits with it.

View attachment 570083

Looks the part. Yes it's slightly heavier, it was mentioned in the reviews, as the tube is quite chunky, but it's ideal for a retro rebuild.

I do like SJS for 'stuff'.

Started using them when I wanted a replacement Dura Ace 'cartridge' headset. Must have been 15 years ago. Another supplier said they 'had one in' but they lied, so phoned SJS, they said 'hmm we are supposed to have it, we'll check'. Phoned me back, 'we can get you one direct from Madison', and hey presto it turned up.

Tom B

Guru
Fitted some Noah and Theo pads a few days ago. Normally use OEM shimano but they keep shedding the material.

The spring with the n&t pads is considerably more butch and isn't as tightly folded and kept pushing my pistons back giving excess lever travel. So I've stripped them off again and whacked it with a hammer. Made me feel better, I'll see if it's better later. If it I've got some shimano springs kicking around.

Top Bottom