What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Problem with the valve not sealing?

Nope. Double checked again and can't find a hole. Binned it. Did pull another three thorns out that were stopped by the liner this evening. Going to have to buy a petrol leaf blower and clear a 4 mile stretch of canal - might be slow if I tie it to the front of the bike :laugh:

Svendo

Guru
Fitted a new BB cable guide to the Dolan commuter. Old one had deep channels worn in it but not through to the frame yet. I’ve reused the old bolt as the new one was too long, and had a hex head. I also reckon the cross-slot is safer in this position where it gets caked in grot and infrequently cleaned. I’m also pleased that superglue worked to prevent the cables unravelling and it all went back together nicely.
6C8FC80C-CDF1-4559-A294-91D7EC6165EC.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1258

Nope. Double checked again and can't find a hole. Binned it. Did pull another three thorns out that were stopped by the liner this evening. Going to have to buy a petrol leaf blower and clear a 4 mile stretch of canal - might be slow if I tie it to the front of the bike :laugh:

You could always attach a yard brush to the front of the bike. :laugh:^_^

fossyant

That's the most dangerous suggestion yet, what if he hits a solid obstacle at speed?

Skittles.... :laugh:

fossyant

Snow studs will be on shortly and they are like armoured - my risk is frosty mornings on canal cobbles with water overflow. I'll fit these and I should be thorn free. Although looking chilly tonight ! I've gone all year on these tyres off road (just bridleways etc for this particular bike) and not had an issue, but the canal banks have had the hawthorns cut.... Not too fussed as I'm only commuting two days a week and can check the tyres next day. Got a big supply of patches and glue, and it doesn't take long to sort.

I fitted new hoods tonight. I had hoped that the split/rotating hood was the reason my left shifter is misbehaving but it isn't so I've cleaned and looked everything externally too, so I guess the next step is to take things apart. The shifter is going freely to a point where it sticks but if I give it a bit of momentum it gets passed that point 🤯

Top Bottom