What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_1919~2.JPG

Resoldered the pressure spring onto the circuit board of my Fluxient front light as it has come adrift and was flashing morse code to approaching drivers on last night's ride.

I thought it might pop the cree thingie but it's working fine now :okay:

Last edited:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Swapped the bar for a 1" wider bar that was on the leg powered bike. New bar tape, brake cables and brake levers done last night.
A big dollop of sugru came today so that'll be moulded around the battery mount on the ebike to keep it from ripping the bottle cage mounts out. Been slowly dropping the amps to the motor to see what I can get away with.

A very quick fettle before bed. I put a new tubeless tyre on my rear winter wheel last week and whilst it was pumping up and staying seated, it was losing just a little much pressure overnight. I reckon it's the valve. IIRC I had to tighten it carefully just before I removed it. So I stuck a new valve core in and pumped the tyre up. Hopefully it holds more air tonight or the next task will be removing the tyre and putting new rim tape on.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
lad across the road knocked on the door saying his back brake was making a funny noise and not working sat evening . a quick look and it turned out one of the bolts holding the brake ( disc) was missing .
Luckily i had a spare bolt that fitted it so i replaced it and sent him on his way

A very quick fettle before bed. I put a new tubeless tyre on my rear winter wheel last week and whilst it was pumping up and staying seated, it was losing just a little much pressure overnight. I reckon it's the valve. IIRC I had to tighten it carefully just before I removed it. So I stuck a new valve core in and pumped the tyre up. Hopefully it holds more air tonight or the next task will be removing the tyre and putting new rim tape on.

Still went down a bit too much overnight. I'll try actually riding it as it stayed solid once I pumped it up. Hopefully that'll disperse the sealant, it has with other tyres. If not it'll have to come off for retaping and possibly a new valve entirely 😐

Robxxx7

Über Member
Went to change the disc pads on my Canyon Endurance, rears were no problem, fronts were a bit more problematic ... Disc pad retaining screw being made of cheese and just having the head strip was not good.. No budging it... so ordered a replacement screw and will probably have to dremel the old one out when the replacements turn up

si_c

Guru
Went to change the disc pads on my Canyon Endurance, rears were no problem, fronts were a bit more problematic ... Disc pad retaining screw being made of cheese and just having the head strip was not good.. No budging it... so ordered a replacement screw and will probably have to dremel the old one out when the replacements turn up

I switched to using split pins for that reason.

Top Bottom