What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very nice Peugeot, if I saw that for sale locally I'd have to buy it.

Part of me wants to buy it as well, but if did that every time the showroom would be half empty...

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Part of me wants to buy it as well, but if did that every time the showroom would be half empty...

I know what thats like, there is a pretty new e-bike on the show room floor that calls to me every time I walk by. Add to that my substantial employee discount and the fact that my employer pays a small bonus each time you ride to work and some of this stuff may have to come home...

And then go back to work...

And then go home...

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
I just finished helping the last kid MOVE OUT OF THE HOUSE

BWAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!!!

There’s so much extra room in the garage!

So here I sit, enjoying a nice cold beer and contemplating what I’ll do with that extra space...

E33F75BA-A21E-418C-A0BE-889DC1A53204.jpeg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
This was my Spa Elan on Friday
Spa Elan conversion March 2023 (2).JPG

Today, with the aid of these bits
Spa Elan conversion March 2023 (3).JPG

A quick strip down

Spa Elan conversion March 2023 (5).JPG

A short coffee break part way through
Spa Elan conversion March 2023 (8).JPG

And it became this - now running a SRAM Rival 1 crank with 42T chainring, Rival 1 rear brake, Apex 1x 11 speed rear derailleur, 11-28 cassette and Rival road rear shifter & front brake. If I find the gearing a bit low, I have a Superstar Components 46T chainring which can be fitted instead.
Spa Elan conversion March 2023 (9).JPG

Spa Elan conversion March 2023 (10).JPG

I need to get both of the brake hoses shortened, but meanwhile they are loosely coiled up until I can get it booked in
Spa Elan conversion March 2023 (15).JPG

All seems to work and I've given it a few laps of the close to bed the brakes in, so it may get taken to Cambridge tomorrow for a proper test ride instead of the Pickenflick.

tinywheels

Über Member
did the cuckoo trail to Eastbourne then back to heathfield, just over 30 miles.
Lost some gears due to crud building up on the cog swapper thingy.
Washed it off in a ditch and readjusted, job done, gears working.

IMG-20230324-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20230324-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20230324-WA0002.jpeg

Jameshow

Veteran
This was my Spa Elan on Friday
View attachment 683214
Today, with the aid of these bits
View attachment 683215
A quick strip down

View attachment 683216
A short coffee break part way through
View attachment 683217
And it became this - now running a SRAM Rival 1 crank with 42T chainring, Rival 1 rear brake, Apex 1x 11 speed rear derailleur, 11-28 cassette and Rival road rear shifter & front brake. If I find the gearing a bit low, I have a Superstar Components 46T chainring which can be fitted instead.
View attachment 683218

View attachment 683219
I need to get both of the brake hoses shortened, but meanwhile they are loosely coiled up until I can get it booked in

View attachment 683220
All seems to work and I've given it a few laps of the close to bed the brakes in, so it may get taken to Cambridge tomorrow for a proper test ride instead of the Pickenflick.

Yikes that high geared I would want 46 / 42 -11.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Yikes that high geared I would want 46 / 42 -11.

I'm down in the relative flatlands of Suffolk with occasional forays into south Norfolk and east Cambridgeshire. To check my choice of gearing was correct, for the past couple of months I've only ridden it in the old outer ring (48T) and didn't need to go any higher than the 25T cog on the rear cassette. I prefer to go round hills rather than up them.

Dirty Camino

Regular
I recently picked up a Carrera road bike to use on an indoor trainer. It was a bargain at £50! It's got a basic group set Shimano Tourney but all of it was in really good condition. No worn chainring teeth or wobbles etc.

Before I start training I'm going to give it a full service. Tonight stripped front wheel down, cleaned it all up, checked bearings and regreased etc. It was worth doing as the old grease was past its besst and it runs much smoother now!

Also removed the chain and rear derailleur, think I'll replace the chain just simply so it's fresh but will strip down the derailleur and rebuild it before I move on to the dreaded bottom bracket etc!

Top Bottom