what have you found in the loft that you had forgot about

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
What have i found in the loft you may ask...

We live in a flat in the city (with one or two bolt-holes to retreat to when the going gets rough but no jobs in these in areas though - hey ho!).

I have been the proud owner of a fancy designer toilet for the past eight years. Modern art-deco design. A porcelain delight. I got it for nowt but, didnt get around to installing it. A few months ago we had the bathroom done up with a hidden cistern effort, thus rendering the fancy bog surplus to requirements. Ordinarily, i'd have kept it in case the new john went up the swanny but, i've agreed to 'de-clutter'. The gf/missus put it up on the local ebay equivalent and it was snapped up. Monday, I got the message to not dilly dally on the way home from work but hurry so i can give the wc a once over with a damp cloth before the buyer arrived. Came home to dinner on the table and then it was off upstairs with a bucket of warm soapy water. I wasn't prepared for what i found!

Yes, the toilet had been deflowered.

I found a six year-old turd in the loft. Six years ago i'd caught the neighbours kid (a good kid essentially) and his gang smoking weed there. His family and myself had turned the loft into a gym/workout space and the local kids got wind of it and moved in. I wasn't happy and one evening chased them away. A few items were left behind and i made efforts to return them (a couple of phones and the like). But one item, unbeknowst to me, remained, only to be found six years later.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
^^^^^and we have a winner ladies and gentlemen^^^^^

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
That reminds me, one I posted last year....

Pah, 3 weeks.....beginners stuff.

I came back from a hiking trip many moons ago and slung all my stuff back up in the loft. It crossed my mind many times over the next 15 years that for some reason I hadn't cleaned my trangia after the last meal. Anyway after 15 years my curiosity got the better of me and I fetched it down to see.......

Took more than a little soaking but scrubbed up nicely.:rolleyes:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's not what i've found,more what i've left behind. I keep trying to get them out when i go round to the house i shared with Mrs Accy,but she's suspicious about what i'm up to so it's difficult. I just hope she doesn't find them.:secret:

classic33

Leg End Member
What have i found in the loft you may ask...

We live in a flat in the city (with one or two bolt-holes to retreat to when the going gets rough but no jobs in these in areas though - hey ho!).

I have been the proud owner of a fancy designer toilet for the past eight years. Modern art-deco design. A porcelain delight. I got it for nowt but, didnt get around to installing it. A few months ago we had the bathroom done up with a hidden cistern effort, thus rendering the fancy bog surplus to requirements. Ordinarily, i'd have kept it in case the new john went up the swanny but, i've agreed to 'de-clutter'. The gf/missus put it up on the local ebay equivalent and it was snapped up. Monday, I got the message to not dilly dally on the way home from work but hurry so i can give the wc a once over with a damp cloth before the buyer arrived. Came home to dinner on the table and then it was off upstairs with a bucket of warm soapy water. I wasn't prepared for what i found!

Yes, the toilet had been deflowered.

I found a six year-old turd in the loft. Six years ago i'd caught the neighbours kid (a good kid essentially) and his gang smoking weed there. His family and myself had turned the loft into a gym/workout space and the local kids got wind of it and moved in. I wasn't happy and one evening chased them away. A few items were left behind and i made efforts to return them (a couple of phones and the like). But one item, unbeknowst to me, remained, only to be found six years later.
Did you make any attempt to reunite it with its owner, like everything else left when they evacuated the space?

Levo-Lon

Guru
£1500 worth of golf clubs and kit.
It's staying there tho.
I may take up golf again but I don't plan too any time soon

...a spaniel puppy that I'd bought as a Christmas suprise for my pash

Oops !!!

Stephenite

Membå
Did you make any attempt to reunite it with its owner, like everything else left when they evacuated the space?

There wasn't time as the buyer was due in twenty minutes. It was on with the marigolds. I went at it with warm water and a wooden pole at first. It had set like dried weetabix.

Onthedrops

Veteran
Wasn't me but my brother.
Years ago when we were kids my brother collected footy programmes. Loads of 60's, 70's Huddersfield programmes amongst many others which he stored in the loft.
We moved house and some time later our kid remembered he had left them up there. He called at our old house but the new owners swore blind that there was nothing up there. (May have been different had my dad had called round)
Ba$7ards probably saw something of value in a kids hobby!!!

Top Bottom