What have you found on the road side recently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer

I tried to report a found item recently in person at a Police Station. Desk copper gives me a photocopied handout on Met headed paper saying they don't do lost property. What do you expect me to do with it then? I asks the copper. He shrugs his shoulders and says "try facebook or just keep it" I wasn't too impressed. :rolleyes:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
A cat playing in goal

48B25D36-085B-4548-8919-D0A272214509.jpeg

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
I don't know what you call it but its the nut that is opposite side to the quick release lever on a bike hub. The one covered in plastic and shaped like a triangular dome. It was in the roadside at a set of lights off Farringdon Road. Makes me a bit nervous for the cyclist who didn't see it was loose and is now riding without one!

IM if you want it and it will be in the post.

Not by the roadside but outside my house and around my garden I keep finding the damage or carnage from an urban fox that has set up residence on the green/local footpath that surrounds my house.

So far it has tried to dig up our conifer in the front garden, it has successfully dug up our three lavenders that were in a rectangle pot and stole next doors dog poo in the bag off the wheelie bin and destroyed the bag on our lawn. Next door also found a massive hole where it dug under their fence!

We think it is attracted by the field mice that are in the bushes and because people are feeding the fooker on the public footpath!!!

MuelNado

Regular
Large calibre bullet shells/cartridges. I'd guess I saw 10 or so at the side of the cycle lane, a stretch of hill, around 200-250 metres long.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Loads of dead badgers.
Oi! They might be relations. ^_^

Most recent find was a driving licence. A bit of Googling tracked down the owner and I managed to contact him through Linkdin to arrange its return.

We also found a single key on a dog-shaped tag. No takers via the local lost and found page so I should really drop it at the local police station.

CharleyFarley

Some of things I've found include: A metric socket set with a piece missing. A pointed vise grip (mole grip). A chromed combination wrench. Some strange kind of plastic box to do with medical things. A plastic Spiderman. And numerous coins, all a bit rough from being run over by cars; I find those along the shoulders. A $5 bill that someone threw out of their car window along with their fast food trash. I actually considered buying a bike trailer to collect aluminum cans but then I see homeless guys collecting them, so I leave those alone. Sofas, arm chairs, TVs and truck tires, but those are too big for me to haul home and sell. It bugs me that some people dump big stuff in quiet side roads for others to pick up and haul away. They get paid for hauling the stuff to a proper disposal place, but save money by dumping it.

Top Bottom