What have you found on the road side recently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Dead bodies, caches of drugs and weapons, criminals, guns, knives...found a few things at the roadside over the years.

I should hope you did since it was your job to look for such things. Most of my finds have been somewhat less exciting. I can claim a steak knife at a late night bus stop and someone I know once found a machete secreted behind a green BT street cabinet he stopped to urinate at after a night out on the beer.

semakof

Hmnn. Saw a honeycomb by the side of the road. Not too far, a swarm of bees hovering within the area. I was really scared. I rode my bicycle slowly in order not to disturb them. Didn't follow the route back.

classic33

Leg End Member
One of Halfords finest Indi branded 26" hardtails. Doesn't actually look that old. Tyres look virtually new, no mud or kerb scuffs on them and moulding marks clearly visible. Soon discovered the reason for the abandonment; the front mech was completely trashed and the BB spun like it had square ball bearings in it not round ones! :laugh:
I don't do boingy frames and it was too small anyway but I had it stripped down in no time for spares.
Both wheels were OK and pretty true, freewheel looks unworn, low end Shimano rear mech OK, cheapo 24-34-42 triple crankset OK, pedals OK, BB was OK once dismantled, headset bearings reuseable, saddle, post, and bars and stem all useable, and I kept the brakes and shifters. Frame and forks went into the scrap metal skip at work.
Will keep my other 26" MTB's going at my kind of cost; i.e nothing! :laugh:
I presume you reported finding the bike?

simongt

Guru
it's wasps I really object to especially if they want my beer.
Contrary to popular belief, wasps aren't usually 'aggresive'. They are hard wired to be attracted to sugary things like beer etc.. It's the humans panicking and thrashing themselves about at the appearance of a wasp that causes the problem of the apparent agressiveness. They simply want a wee share of your sweet thing - ! I'm allergic to wasp & bee stings, but it doesn't stop me letting them have a nosey at my grub or beer. As long as I keep track of them, everyones's happy - ! :okay:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
5p walked over it,not worth bending down for.

Your loss, I will bend down to pick up a penny never mind five! It's all spendable no matter how small the denominations. I'm noticing more and more 5p's left on the ground where they dropped. Obviously those people have too much already!

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Your loss, I will bend down to pick up a penny never mind five! It's all spendable no matter how small the denominations. I'm noticing more and more 5p's left on the ground where they dropped. Obviously those people have too much already!
So will I. I once rode past whatI suspected to be a 5p coin in the road so I turned round and went back and picked it up.

Top Bottom